Wikimedia maintenance notice/ps
This page is kept for historical interest. Any policies mentioned may be obsolete.
(Update on January 22nd, 2013, 20:00 (UTC): Our Operations team considers the migration to be over. Major disruption is no longer expected.)
The Wikimedia Foundation is in the process of transitioning its main services to a new data center in Virginia, USA. This is intended to improve the technical performance and reliability of all Wikimedia sites.
During the maintenance period, you may experience intermittent connection issues to Wikimedia Foundation websites, including wikipedia.org.
More information is available in the full announcement.
What to do if you encounter an issue
- Wait a few minutes; the tech team may be already aware of the issue and working on it. As long as you see the maintenance banner, it means maintenance is still happening.
- Join the #wikimedia-tech channel on Freenode:
- If you have an IRC client, use this direct link: #wikimedia-tech.
- Otherwise, see the IRC help page or use Freenode's webchat platform.
- If you encounter an issue after the maintenance banner has disappeared, please report it on IRC, on this page's talk page or in our bug tracker (direct link).
- If you are not familiar with IRC, our bug tracker, or Meta-Wiki, seek help from your fellow Wikimedians on your local community discussion page.
له تاسې مننه!