2014년 5월, 위키미디어 주요 사건
위키미디어 재단 주요 사건
12건의 새로운 개인 참여 보조금
익명의 편집자에게 위키미디어 커뮤니티에 동참할 것을 초대함
위키미디어 재단의 성장 부서(Growth team)는 사용자 인터페이스의 변화를 시험하는 두 가지 실험을 진행했습니다. 이 변화는 익명의 편집자들이 새로운 계정을 생성하여 기존의 등록된 사용자 커뮤니티에 동참하는 것을 촉진하기 위한 것입니다. 첫 번째 시험에서는 사용자가 "편집"을 클릭할 때 계정 생성을 권고하는 메시지가 화면에 표시됐고 두 번째 시험에서는 사용자가 편집물을 저장한 후 초대 메시지가 화면에 표시됐습니다. 예비 조사 자료에 의하면 이것은 새로운 등록에 긍정적인 효과를 미친 듯합니다.
기금 배정 위원회(FDC) 권고 사항 발표
In May, the nine-member Funds Dissemination Committee (FDC) met for its face-to-face deliberations and published its recommendations to the WMF Board of Trustees on proposals from four organizations (three chapters and the Foundation) on how to spend Wikimedia donation money. The Board will make its decision on these recommendations by 1 July. The Advisory Group to the FDC also met in Frankfurt for their final meeting, to provide the Executive Director of the WMF with a recommendation on whether or not the FDC process (begun in 2012) should continue, and if so, what modifications should be made. They unanimously agreed to recommend to continue the process.
정보 및 추이
4월 전 세계의 고유한 방문자 수:
- 465 million (-6.00% compared with March; -9.92% compared with the previous year)
- (comScore data for all Wikimedia Foundation projects; comScore will release May data later in June)
Page requests for May:
- 20.654 billion (-0.2% compared with April; -1.6% compared with the previous year)
- (Server log data, all Wikimedia Foundation content projects including mobile access, but excluding Wikidata and the Wikipedia main portal page.)
Active Registered Editors for April 2014 (>= 5 mainspace edits/month, excluding bots):
- 75,364 (-2.25% compared with March / -7.25% compared with the previous year)
- (Database data, all Wikimedia Foundation projects.
- Note: These numbers were recently adjusted to correct a bug involving IPV6 addresses.)
Report Card (integrating various statistical data and trends about WMF projects):
(Financial information is only available through April 2014 at the time of this report.)
All financial information presented is for the Month-To-Date and Year-To-Date April 30, 2014.
|보조금 제공 부문||1,472,907|
|법무/공동체 변호/통신 부문||3,256,914|
- Revenue for the month of April is $8.24MM versus plan of $1.71MM, approximately $6.53MM or 383% over plan.
- Year-to-date revenue is $49.19MM versus plan of $46.76MM, approximately $2.43MM or 5% over plan.
- Expenses for the month of April is $3.19MM versus plan of $4.69MM, approximately $1.50MM or 32% under plan, primarily due to lower personnel expenses, capital expenses, internet hosting, FDC grants, and payment processing fees partially offset by higher legal fees, outside contract services, and travel expenses related to community convening events.
- Year-to-date expenses is $33.51MM versus plan of $41.06MM, approximately $7.55MM or 18% under plan, primarily due to lower personnel expenses, capital expenses, internet hosting, legal fees, payment processing fees, staff development expenses, grants and travel expenses partially offset by higher outside contract services.
- 현금과 투자금액 - 2014년 4월 30일 현재 5,560만 달러
그 외 위키미디어 운동의 주요 사건
스위스 취리히에서 열린 연례 위키미디어 해커톤
From May 9-11, more than 150 developers, engineers, sysadmins, and technology enthusiasts gathered in Zürich for the annual European Wikimedia hackathon, organized by Wikimedia CH, the local Wikimedia chapter. Among many other topics of interest, participants focused on maps and geographical data, Flow (the new discussion system intended as replacement for wiki talk pages), and Wikidata.
"Wikidata Game": A fun new way to improve Wikidata
On May 20, Magnus Manske, a longtime Wikimedian and volunteers software developer, announced "Wikidata – The Game", a set of simple games, each asking the user to make a certain decision about Wikidata - for example, deciding whether two items describe the same topic, or whether an item describes a person or not. After two weeks, "643 players [had] made an astonishing 352,710 decisions through the game, many of which result in improving Wikidata directly".
위키는 지구를 사랑합니다 가 국제적으로 변하고 있습니다
Wiki Loves Earth is an international photography competition with the subject of natural heritage. Started in 2013 for the Ukraine by the local chapter, this year it extended to 14 countries, and attracted tens of thousands of submissions. Similar to Wiki Loves Monuments, juries will first determine national winners for each country, from which the global winners will be selected.