Wikimedia CEE Meeting 2016/Programme
Take a look at the friendly space policies.
|→||Day 1, 27.08, Saturday||→||Day 2, 28.08, Sunday||Day 3, 29.08, Monday||←|
|Room 1||Room 2||Room 1||Room 2||Room 1||Room 2|
|9:00||07:30 - 08:10 - Breakfast in Yerevan
08:10 - 08:30 - Check out
08:30 - Departure to Dilijan
|9:30||9:30||Best practices for social media||Wikidata -- A Gentle Introduction for Complete Beginners||Wikimeetups||GLAM II||9:30|
|11:00||Walk-in/registration||11:00||Coffee break||Coffee break||11:00|
|11:30||Official opening||11:30||Best practices for social media||Sparql for Wikidata||WikiMed session||Gender Gap||11:30|
|14:00||Speed dating||14:00||Project management training: communication, organizing events||Lightning talks||Wikimedia Movement strategy discussion||14:00|
|15:00||GLAM I||Conflict management||15:00||Coffee break||15:00|
|15:30||15:30||Coffee break||Future of CEE||15:15|
|16:00||16:00||Project management: surveys, metrics, reporting||Cooperation toward Vienna hackathon||16:15|
|16:30||Coffee break||16:30||Closing speeches Etherpad||16:45|
|16:45||CEE Spring||Wikipedia Education Program Updates||17:00||Group photo II||17:30|
|17:45||18:00||Wikimedia Foundation BoT discussions: transparency, strategy, affiliates?||Content Translation||18:15|
|18:15||Coffee break||18:30||Preparation for departure||18:40|
|18:30||CEE Spring II||Best practices for editing
workshops and Outreach
|19:00||Departure to Yerevan||19:00|
|20:00||Dinner||20:30||Free time in Yerevan||20:30|
|20:30||21:00||Dilijan Hotel Hall: How can we reach out to educational Institutions/Edu Meetup/Informal space||21:00|
|21:00||Dilijan Hotel Hall: Wikidojo
Here you can find the detailed programme of the CEE Meeting 2016.
|→||Day 1, 27.08, Saturday|
|Room 1||Room 2|
10:00 - Arrival
10:30 - 11:00 - Leave to the venue
|11:00 - 11:30|
|12:30 - 13:00|
14:15 - 14:20 - Opening speech
14:30 - 15:00 Group photo
15:00 - 15:45 - What's happening in GLAM
Speaker: Liam Wyatt
15:45 - 16:10 - Ethnography of the Carpathians
Speaker: Tomasz Ganicz
16:10-16:30: GLAMwiki coordinators' meeting
Speaker: Liam Wyatt
|16:30 - 16:45|
Speaker: Gereon Kalkuhl
|18:15 - 18:30|
19:15 - 19:45 - Europeana Art History Challenge
19:45 - 20:00 - Art History Challenge 2017
|←||Day 3, 29.08, Monday|
|Room 1||Room 2|
|7:50 - 9:00|
|9:00 - 9:30|
|11:00 - 11:30|
|14:00 - 15:00|
|15:00 - 15:15|
Speakers: Susanna Mkrtchyan
|17:30 - 17:50|
20:30 - Arrival
- GLAM I - Building partnerships
- 15:00-15:45: What's happening in GLAM
- 15:45-16:10: Ethnography of the Carpathians
- 16:10-16:30: WikiStudia - wikiproject from Chernihiv
- GLAM II - technical issues
- 09:30-10:10: Lists of public works of art into Wikipedia
- 10:10-10:40: Small GLAM and batch file upload: how to use Pattypan
- 10:40-11:00: GLAMwiki coordinators' meeting
- WikiCamps: From preparation to success - 45 min.
- Wiki-meetups. Local, national and international levels - 25 min.
- Small wiki-meetups and the big impact they can bring - 20 min
- Wikimedia CEE Spring (2 x 90 min, including the three below)
- Wikipedia Education Program Updates (60 min without Q&A)
- Fuse Wikipedia and Education (20 min) - via internet
Best practices for editing workshops and OutreachEdit
- Wikiworkshops: we were doing it wrong (45 min)
- Dos and Dont's in volunteer projects from an Austrian point of view (45 min)
- How to connect with, learn from, and best utilize the verified Wikipedia and Wikimedia social media accounts (60 + 60 min)
- Spokesperson: tricks of the trade (15 min)
- Talking to the press. What the press wants from Wikipedia and how to represent Wikipedia in interviews (30 min)
- Wikidata -- A Gentle Introduction for Complete Beginners (90 min)
- Sparql for Wikidata (60 min)
- Mastering import of properties to Wikidata (20-30 min.)
Project management training: communication, organizing eventsEdit
- "how did we.." - to be merged in one 30 min lecture maybe?
Project management: surveys, metrics, reportingEdit
- EventLogging (20 min)
- Wiki Loves Reporting - so how to make your grant application better (20 min - can be moved to grant session)
- 8 tips for writing effective surveys- Edward Galvez, WMF (50 min)
- Content Translation: Introduction - Amir Aharoni (15 min)
- Content Translation: The Game Changer in Wikimedia translating - KuboF (20 min)
- Lighting talks should be 10 min maximum during which it is expected that you will explain one, single problem, introduce a new tool or new cool project etc.
- T-Shirts are the best swag (5 min)
- EDU-Wiki Meetup: Sharing Experiences (10 min) ?
- Make your own explainer videos with mysimpleshow (10 min)
- Belarusian Wikipedia. The best practices Part 1 (10 min) + Part 2 (10 min)
WMF grant system and changes (Q&A)Edit
- Wikimedia Foundation Grants (60 min)
Cooperation toward Vienna hackathonEdit
- Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees discussions: transparency, strategy, affiliates? (90 min)
- Future of CEE
- Wikidojo (August 27, hotel hall)
- How can we reach out to educational Institutions? (August 28, hotel hall)
Rejected/moved to informal spaceEdit
Below there is a list of submissions rejected or moved to the informal space. The informal space will be provided in hotel hall at the late evenings.
- Integrating Community and GLAM programmes - the lecturer is not attending the conference - waiting if he wants to provide it on-line
- Personalities in GLAM: Skopje Drama Theatre - the lecturer is not attending the conference - waiting if he wants to provide it on-line
- Wikidata for wikipedians - the lecturer is not attending the conference.
- The most essential Wikistatistics indicators - the lecturer is not attending the conference.
- WikiProject Medicine - the lecturer is not attending the conference. Long WikiMed session is planned instead.
- Pywikibot for Wikidata (120 min) - session too long - can be organized in informal space.
- Wikidata just for fun (30 min) - the lecturer is not attending the conference.