This page can be used to coordinate actions related to Gender Gap and/or Women issues during Wikimania 2016.
Chapters, user groups, major projects and other significant Wikimedia-related or open-knowledge-related organisations are invited to participate to the Community Village at Wikimania 2016.
The Community Village  is a shared exhibition space and a main social area of the conference. It's the opportunity to build awareness with the Wikimedia movement, other open projects and the general public. It is a space to have informal meetings and small training sessions, and to look at posters about projects and initiatives. The Community Village is located in the Collaborative Space in Esino Lario. Each Community Village participant will have available one table and two chairs.
Please add below how you intend to help (men and women)
Keep one of the chairs warmEdit
A request to have a Community Village spot dedicated to Women (aka Gender Gap on Wikimedia Projects) has been made by user:anthere.
- --WS ReNu (talk) 11:56, 16 March 2016 (UTC) Project: Women in Film and TV/Germany
- --TMagen (talk) 14:16, 16 March 2016 (UTC) Project: Wiki Women TLV
- Ciell (talk) 21:17, 24 March 2016 (UTC) Project: the Dutch Gendergap
- Strangely enough... I just had a look and I find no spot reserved for us... https://wikimania2016.wikimedia.org/wiki/Community_village. I go ask... weird. Anthere (talk)
Propose a women lunchEdit
Brainstorming about any special thing that could happen during the lunch (beside lunch...)
- "recording" of all names of people joining lunch (as well as email if they feel like sharing that) to facilitate contact after the lunch (this should of course NOT be mandatory)
- having a task force tagging faces with names on the group picture after the lunch
- using the lunch to kick start a "Month in XX" newsletter (in the Month in Glam style)
- to add here...
Will provide leaflets, teeshirts...Edit
Propose a discussion slotEdit
I opened a request for a discussion slot about women stuff. See here : https://wikimania2016.wikimedia.org/wiki/Discussions#Women. Please feedback :)
Presentations currently retained on our favorite topic
Will bring food to sustain the conversationEdit
Asked for a posterEdit
You may go there to ask for a poster : https://wikimania2016.wikimedia.org/wiki/Posters
If someone creates a logo for Wikimania Women, we could add it to this page, our Twitter account, etc.
Creation of a twitter account to relay infoEdit
- Different women would tweet from the account for part of a day. They could tweet about projects they are doing to address the gender gap (both lack of female editors and lack of content), or about their activities at Wikimania.
- see Rosiestep suggestion
- I created a Twitter account for us, @WikimaniaWomen, and tweeted our first tweet: https://twitter.com/WikimaniaWomen/status/712826228034547715.
- Hashtag: #wikimaniawomen
Sign up to tweet for part of a dayEdit
We now have a Facebook group Wikimania women to reach out to women who want to get involved. Wikimania women Facebook group
Women in Red edit-a-thon at WikimaniaEdit
- Hold an ongoing international Women in Red edit-a-thon at Wikimania (WikiProject Women in Red on the en:wikipedia)
- Assist Wikipedia editors to start a WikiProject Women in Red in their own language Wikipedia.
- --Rosiestep (talk) 01:49, 24 March 2016 (UTC)
- Sydney Poore/FloNight (talk) 21:05, 24 March 2016 (UTC)
- --On-line assistance Ipigott (talk) 14:15, 27 March 2016 (UTC)
Would not it be a good idea to ask for a physical space for this ? With a time slot ? Maybe https://wikimania2016.wikimedia.org/wiki/Training_sessions ? (it is not really training, but....) Anthere (talk)
- I created a page for Women in Red edit-a-thon.
All activities somehow related to gender at Wikimania
- User_digest/Imbalance : User digest : imbalance by Saskia Jasmin Ehlers. Friday 14:30 pm at Gym Palace
- Critical issues presentations/Identity-based motivation. Critical issues : Identity-based_motivation. By Marc Miquel-Ribé and David Laniado. Saturday. 10h30 am. In Hall.
- Critical issues: Gender gap in the global south. Critical issues: Gender gap in the global south. By Rohini Lakshané. Saturday. 11h00 am. In Hall.
- Critical issues: Content Gender Gap. Critical issues: an International Mouvement Content Gender Gap. By Rosie Stephenson-Goodnight. Saturday. 11h30. In Hall.
- Training sessions/Proposals/Women in Red edit-a-thon. Training session: Women in Red edit-a-thon. Organised by Sydney Edmonds Poore. Saturday 16h-17h30. In Museum.
- Discussions/Women and Gender Gap : Discussion: Women and Gender Gap: the way forward. Sunday. 11h15-11h55. In Primary School.
- Meetups/WikiWomen's Lunch WikiWomen's Lunch : the WikiWomen lunch. Sunday. 12h. At Tensile structure.
- A table at the Community Village
Women sign-up sheetEdit
Will you attend Wikimania this year ?
- Yes, hopefully :) Anthere (talk)
- Yes, --Rosiestep (talk) 01:49, 24 March 2016 (UTC)
- Yes, Sydney Poore/FloNight (talk) 14:04, 24 March 2016 (UTC)
- Yes! Ciell (talk) 20:54, 24 March 2016 (UTC)
- Yes! Shani (talk) 22:15, 24 March 2016 (UTC)
- Yep! Islahaddow (talk) 19:49, 29 March 2016 (UTC)
- Yes --Jane023 (talk) 09:26, 30 March 2016 (UTC)
- Yes! --Margott (talk) 14:47, 3 April 2016 (UTC)
- Yes! ----LaMèreVeille (talk) 11:37, 6 April 2016 (UTC)
- Yes! --Nattes à chat (talk) 18:47, 25 April 2016 (UTC)
- Yes -- Violetova (talk) 10:29, 9 May 2016 (UTC)
- Yes -- Susanna Giaccai (talk) 06:39, 28 June 2016 (UTC)