Please make sure to log in to Wikimedia Meta before creating your Proposal. If your submission is selected, we will contact your Wikipedia account so make sure your Username is correct.
- Title of the submission
Edit-a-ton : Rio Olympics 2016
- Your Username (For the submission author)
abhinav619; Jim Carter ; Sanket oswal (Link)
- Type of presentation
- Abstract (in about 300 words)
As a mark of respect and paying tribute to Indian athletes and sportsperson who represent India at Olympics, Wikimedia India comes forward with an edit-a-thon to celebrate the success of Indian sportsmen. A draft note could be found here.
Indian sportsperson often do not get the necessary required attention. This Olympics, Wikimedians will take a pledge to provide them the due honour and respect. Our sportsperson who will be representing India at Rio Olympics would have information in every Indian language on Wikipedia.
For every 20 articles created, Wikimedia India would be planting trees 'Wikipedia India Supports India at Olympics'. Considering tree plantation involves significant time and human labour, we have partnered with a tree plantation organisation SankalpTaru. They would be our sponsors for this event. These trees will be planted on a rural farmer's land who would further nurture these trees under the supervision of SankalpTaru. Once the harvest starts, the local inhabitants would start earning livelihood by selling fruits. A virtual forest could also be monitored online here.
Besides this, we are happy to inform, Niyogi Books has decided to sponsor the biography of Mr. Prakash Padukone, 'Prakash Padukone Story' and Sir Sunil Gavaskar, 'Cricket's Little Master'. Every participants who completes 15 articles (abiding by the rules) would also be awarded a book.
Rio Olympics and WikiConference India 2016 would be in progression at the same time.
Interested attendees and commentsEdit
- Mourya Biswas (cHiT-ChAt! - Contributions) 15:25, 16 July 2016 (UTC)
- user:Pmsarangi --Pmsarangi (talk) 14:53, 17 July 2016 (UTC)
- Ananya Mondal --Atudu (talk) 06:48, 19 July 2016 (UTC)
- தமிழ்க்குரிசில் (talk) 05:53, 20 July 2016 (UTC)
- Drcenjary --Drcenjary (talk) 13:13, 20 July 2016 (UTC)
- Necessary approach. Sumita Roy Dutta (talk) 06:08, 28 July 2016 (UTC)
- Abha Pradhan (talk) |Contribs) 04:02, 29 July 2016 (UTC)