WikiConference India 2016 updatesEdit
Thanks for signing up as a volunteer for WikiConference India 2016 (WCI 2016). Here are some updates regarding the event:
- WCI 2016 will take place on 5th, 6th, and 7th of August 2016 at Chandigarh Group of Colleges, Landran (Mohali). Please save these dates. We will open conference registration soon.
- PEG request for WCI 2016 has been approved. We appreciate WMF PEG team's support and decision in facilitating this. We thank all community members who endorsed and contributed to this initiative. We are excited and look forward to an intensive month planning and executing WCI 2016.
- Phase 1 filtering of scholarship applications has been done. Among 450+ applications, 200+ applications have been shortlisted for final review. We are expecting to announce the results by July first week.
- WCI 2016 Call for Participation is open now. Please submit your proposals for paper presentations, lightning talks, and workshops.
- Please take WCI 2016 Program Survey and help us design the conference based on community's needs.
- Please initiate and participate in the Punjab edit-a-thon. It is a gift from all Indian language communities for the Punjabi community which is hosting the conference. The community that adds most number of bytes or words will be awarded a trophy.
- Please review our conference Code of Conduct.
- Please place any feedback regarding the event at the meta talk page. You can also join us for the weekly IRC sessions we hold every Wednesday and Saturday at 2130 IST at #wikiconferenceindia channel. You may also find frequent updates through our Facebook group and mailing list.
WCI 2016 Team.
P.S. If you wish to stop receiving such updates, please remove your name here.
Reporting and other updates for WikiConference India 2016 scholarship recipientsEdit
Glad to get in touch with you after the conference!
- Please give your feedback for the conference through this survey before 25th August 2016.
- As part of the scholarship agreement, please document your learnings and experience using the form here before 31st August 2016.
- If you haven't claimed reimbursement yet, please fill this claim form and post it to the following address before 18th August, 2016. Please attach original bills and boarding passes. Please note that we won't be extending the date any further.
- The Centre for Internet and Society,
- Attention: Mr. Ajoy Kumar,
- No. 194, 2nd ‘C’ Cross, Domlur, 2nd Stage, Bengaluru, 560071.
- Please upload your conference presentations at Commons under WikiConference India 2016 presentations category.
- Please upload pictures, videos you shot during the conference at Commons under an appropriate subcategory of WikiConference India 2016 category.
Message posted by Ravi
Wikipedia Library User Group is being renamed!Edit
Hello! In the past few months, the Wikipedia Library User Group has been undergoing some major planning and developments. We just finished our very first open call with the user group members, which was a great success (see the meeting minutes). If you joined us during the meeting, we’d like to thank you for your interest. If not, not to worry, we have lots of things planned for the user group in which you can participate.
This message is to inform you that based on the input received from the user group members and the founding members, it was agreed that the Wikipedia Library User Group’s name be reconsidered by a voting process. As a valued member of the user group, we’d like to invite you to vote on the list of potential names. You can vote by following this link. The poll will run for a timeframe of two weeks. Sent by MediaWiki message delivery on behalf of user group founding members --MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 02:59, 17 October 2017 (UTC)
Wikimedia and Libraries User Group Steering Committee ElectionEdit
Wikimedia and Libraries User Group Steering Committee Election Nomination PhaseEdit
Hello again Sumita Roy Dutta! As stated in our previous message, nominations for the Wikimedia and Libraries User Group steering committee elections are now open and will remain open until the 9th. If you are interested and have read the instructions, please nominate yourself on the election page. Please forward your queries to libraries lists.wikimedia.org, and for private correspondence, please get in touch with one of the founding members. And finally, wishing you a prosperous and happy new year on behalf of the user group founding members! On behalf of the user group founding members --MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 08:00, 3 January 2018 (UTC)
Updates on the user group election and #1Lib1RefEdit
Hi everyone, two quick but important updates:
Timeline for nominations and votingEdit
- Nominations are extended until 12 January 2018.
- Candidates will be lightly vetted by the Founding Members (excluding those who are candidates) to help form a well-functioning committee.
- Vetting will happen from the 13th up to 21 January 2018.
- Voting will begin on the 22nd of January and end on the 4th of February.
- To be able to vote, editors must have joined the usergroup before the 21st of January.
- Results will be announced on or before the 10th of February.
How you can support #1lib1refEdit
- Participate! Get started at m:1Lib1Ref and add a citation with CitationHunt.org
- Share the campaign on social media using the #1lib1ref hashtag
- Tell your local librarians and library-loving friends about the campaign
- Watch and share this fun explainer video
- Join the Facebook event page for updates
- Join the Wikipedia + Libraries Facebook group for news and camaraderie
- Watch and share the OCLC #1lib1ref webinar
- Read the OCLC #1lib1ref Learner Guide
Wikimedia and Libraries User Group Steering Committee Election Voting PhaseEdit
Hello once again! We are happy to announce that the steering committee election 2018 is now open for voting. Because you have joined the user group by 21 January 2018, you are eligible to vote. As mentioned under the instructions for voters, you can vote support for multiple candidates, at most one support for each candidate. Also, oppose votes are not allowed, but discussions are welcome on the talk page.
Wikimedia and Libraries User Group Steering Committee Election ResultsEdit
Hello everyone! The steering committee election for the Wikimedia and Libraries User Group is finally over and the results you were patiently awaiting for is here! We had many great candidates with awesome skillsets and experience, unfortunately not everyone could make it to the final eight. We are grateful to all the candidates for stepping up and boldly throwing their hat in the ring. It was a difficult choice and they made it. Now, the results. The candidates who made it to the final eight are,
On behalf of the founding members, the TWL team and the user group members, we congratulate the candidates on their successful run and welcome them to the committee. The steering committee and the founding members will soon meet to discuss the handover and next steps of the user group. Thank you--MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 18:56, 16 February 2018 (UTC)
What's new from the Wikimedia and Libraries User GroupEdit
- The steering committee invites you to participate in this poll to help the committee plan activities this year.
- The committee decided to use the libraries lists.wikimedia.org and has started making announcements on the list. Please join the list for future announcements and for internal discussions and communications.
- The latest meeting minutes of the steering committee meeting (May 14-15, 2018) is now available on Meta.
On behalf of the steering committee,
New community space for IdeaLab on ConnectEdit
Hi folks. If you're receiving this message, you've contributed to IdeaLab or an Inspire Campaign this year. Thanks for participating to develop ideas and review ones from other Wikimedians.
We are preparing some changes to IdeaLab and Inspire Campaigns. One of these changes is a new community space on Connect, where Wikimedians can find each other based on common activities or skills, and ask questions about the space. You are invited to join this community space for IdeaLab, especially if you would ever consider needing to find contributors with certain skills (like design or project management) or would like to offer your skills to others in our movement. To join, please proceed to Connect/IdeaLab and click on the "Add yourself" button on the right. Thanks, I JethroBT (WMF) 19:53, 21 June 2018 (UTC)
Do you have an idea about how to measure the health of your community? Do you want to review ideas that others have submitted? Through August 10th, we are inviting ideas on how to capture the well-being of Wikimedia communities, in terms of matters like conflict resolution, effective content creation, and being able to contribute in a collaborative environment. Ideas can be focused on either quantitative techniques, such as gathering raw data, or qualitative techniques, like surveying contributors. If you are submitting an idea, guidance is available for how to move your idea into implementation, such as through a grant or starting a Phabricator task to engage with developers.
Wikimedia and Libraries User Group updates and WikimaniaEdit
If you are attending Wikimania,
- Bring your books! You can participate in the book swapping we have planned, and swap/leave your books on the table. More details here
- WLUG meetup. We'll be mingling with other librarians/Wikibrarians/activists at the Birds of a Feather Lunch: GLAM and Heritage Birds of a Feather Lunch on July 21st, 13:00 to 14:00 in the London room. Come, join us!
- For your convenience and scheduling purposes, we've put together a list of Wikimedia and library-related events in Wikimania that might be of interest to you, with time and venue.
Bon voyage and have a wonderful Wikimania!
If you are not attending Wikimania, we have you covered too!
- Please help us plan activities for this year by sharing your suggestions on how to implement the top two ideas from the poll results. The discussion is open on the user group talk page.
- The latest meeting minutes of the steering committee meeting (June 28-29, 2018) is now available on Meta.
On behalf of the steering committee,
[Wikipedia & Education User Group] Updates: November 2018Edit
Integrating Wikimedia with education is a powerful strategy for the outreach of Wikimedia projects. Realising this concept, a group of leaders promoted this and formed the Wikipedia Education Collaborative. After some time, this evolved to become a user group, officially recognised by the Affiliations Committee in June 2018. The user group had its first board elections earlier in September. In the process to formalise activities and give a shape the user group for long-term sustainability, we are now revamping our processes. Thanks for supporting us during incubation stages, we are now inviting you to formally join the user group by following the instructions on the members' page. Being a member will allow you to be a part of this wonderful collaboration and also do interesting stuff.
Wikimedia and Libraries User Group Steering Committee Election Voting PhaseEdit
Hello Sumita Roy Dutta! We are happy to announce that the steering committee election 2019 is now open for voting. Because you have joined the user group before 28 February 2019, you are eligible to vote. Not unlike last year, you can vote support for multiple candidates, at most one support for each candidate. Also, oppose votes are not allowed, but discussions are welcome on the talk page.
On behalf of the steering committee,
Wikiloves loves wikipedian contestEdit
Hi Sumita, I am pulling out the results for the Wiki loves love 2019 wikipedian contest, where your project participated see here : Wiki Loves Love 2019/Project Page. I cannot read your language, and therefore connot diffenrenciate the articles produced in the scope of the wiki loves love contest, and the bios of women.
To succeed I need the articles to be presented like the Punjabi Project here : https://as.wikipedia.org/wiki/ৱিকিপিডিয়া:ৱিকি_লাভ্%E2%80%8Cছ_ৱুমেন_২০১৯ or here : https://pa.wikipedia.org/wiki/ਵਿਕੀਪੀਡੀਆ:ਵਿਕੀ_ਲਵਸ_ਵੁਮੈਨ_2019
Or ideally to have the leaders of the project publish themselves the list of priduced articles here :
- @Nattes à chat: Each and every language pages are interlinked with wikidata and hv same list as you hv seen here . Pls scroll down to each event pages to see the list with English article names along with and local language name. Pls let me know if you have the same problem. Actualy we had followed almost same list in each language. --Sumita Roy Dutta (talk) 12:50, 4 April 2019 (UTC)
- Yes I know, and this is how I could pull out the results for the punjabi project. For the other I dont even know how to recognized the list of published articles, because they are not identified. Thank you, I saw you have started. I can help if provided somewhere with a list! Nattes à chat (talk) 17:32, 4 April 2019 (UTC)
- For example: I dont even know if this is published for the contest as I can not read the dates : https://or.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=%E0%AC%B8%E0%AC%A4%E0%AD%80_%E0%AC%AA%E0%AD%8D%E0%AC%B0%E0%AC%A5%E0%AC%BE_%E0%AC%A8%E0%AC%BF%E0%AC%B7%E0%AD%87%E0%AC%A7_%E0%AC%85%E0%AC%A7%E0%AC%BF%E0%AC%A8%E0%AC%BF%E0%AD%9F%E0%AC%AE,_%E0%AD%A7%E0%AD%AF%E0%AD%AE%E0%AD%AD&action=history
- @Nattes à chat: Sorry for late reply other than women biography only this article has been translated under this project by or:ବ୍ୟବହାରକାରୀ:Aliva Sahoo as I enquire from them since I am also unable to read. For Bengali I had added the list in your page. One correction I hv to do. Hats off to your hardwork and patience. --Sumita Roy Dutta (talk) 18:51, 4 April 2019 (UTC)
The Affiliate-selected Board seats process welcomes your supportEdit
Hello. You are receiving this message because you are active in the field of translations <3 The movement needs you! The Nominations phase has started for the ongoing selection process of two Board members, and the timeline is quite tight.
A Translation Central is available to help translators figure out what's been covered and what's left to do. Over the course of the next few weeks, your attention on candidates' profiles is particularly welcome.
While there are four languages that are especially relevant for multiple affiliates (namely Arabic, French, Russian and Spanish), we are asking your help for Chinese, Ukrainian, Bengali, Czech, Hungarian, Romanian, Italian, Korean, Portuguese, Polish, Farsi, German, Cantonese, Finnish, Hindi, Thai, Dutch, and Greek, as these also matter to affiliates! If you can't help: please see if you know anyone in your circle who could, and spread the word :) Thank you! Elitre (WMF) and Facilitators of ASBS 2019, 21:35, 24 April 2019 (UTC)
Thank you and Happy DiwaliEdit
Wiki Loves Folklore: Barnstar Award for Bridging the Gendergap on WikipediaEdit
Dear Sumita Roy Dutta,
Thank you for organizing the Wiki Loves Folklore Project and collaborating with us from behalf of Wiki Loves Women South Asia Project. I am deeply appreciative for your persistent efforts, dedication and support to bridge the gender and cultural gap on Wikipedia and Wikimedia Commons. Your tireless perseverance and love for the movement has brought us one step closer to our quest for attaining equity for underrepresented knowledge in our Wikimedia Projects. We are lucky to have inspiring and wonderful leaders like you in our movement. Please find your Wiki Loves Folklore postcard here. Keep inspiring! Wikilover90 (talk) 12:19, 1 July 2020 (UTC)
Wiki Loves Women South Asia Barnstar AwardEdit
Dear Sumita Roy Dutta,
Thank you for organizing the Wiki Loves Women South Asia Project with us. We are appreciative of your tireless efforts for success of this project. I am deeply inspired with your persistent efforts, dedication to keep the editors motivated and support to bridge the gender and cultural gap on Wikipedia. Your tireless perseverance and love for the movement has brought us one step closer to our quest for attaining equity for underrepresented knowledge in our Wikimedia Projects. We are lucky to have inspiring and wonderful leaders like you in our movement. Please find your Wiki Loves Women South Asia postcard here. Keep shining!
Invitation to complete a survey regarding WPWP CampaignEdit
Hello Sumita Roy Dutta,
Many thanks for participating in the WPWP campaign.
We are excited about the level of participation, this year and we are happy to inform you that over 90,000 articles were improved with photos in 272 languages Wikipedia.
We'd love to get your feedback. Your feedback will allow us to better meet your expectations for the campaign in the next editions.
Please complete a brief survey so that we may learn about your participation in the campaign, strengths, challenges and your expectations. This information will enable us to improve the next editions of the Campaign.
Follow this link to the Survey:
Or copy and paste the URL below into your internet browser:
West Bengal Wikimedians open for community requestEdit
Hi Sumita Roy Dutta!
Like previous years, we are asking our members again to request for support if they wish to plan and execute Wikimedia projects or activities during next year, which require funding. We are open for such requests until November 30, 2020. Based on the fund requests from the community members, the user group will place Rapid grant proposal to Wikimedia Foundation. If the rapid grant request is approved, funds will be allocated to the community members accordingly.
We can only approve request for volunteers who are from West Bengal and is limited to activities where in some way, West Bengal is included. The decision to approve or disapprove your request will be handled by Representative members of the user group.
(On behalf of West Bengal Wikimedians User Group)
18:26, 20 November 2020 (UTC)
16:08, 11 December 2020 (UTC)
Wikimedia Wikimeet India 2021 Program Schedule: You are invited 🙏Edit
Hope this message finds you well. Wikimedia Wikimeet India 2021 will take place from 19 to 21 February 2021 (Friday to Sunday). Here is some quick important information:
- A tentative schedule of the program is published and you may see it here. There are sessions on different topics such as Wikimedia Strategy, Growth, Technical, etc. You might be interested to have a look at the schedule.
- The program will take place on Zoom and the sessions will be recorded.
- If you have not registered as a participant yet, please register yourself to get an invitation, The last date to register is 16 February 2021.
- Kindly share this information with your friends who might like to attend the sessions.
On behalf of Wikimedia Wikimeet India 2021 Team
Invitation to participate in Universal Code of Conduct survey - WikiWomen's User GroupEdit
(You are receiving this message as you signed your interest to participate as part of the WikiWomen's User Group)
Hello, my name is Mervat Salman, a UCoC Facilitator, Trust and Safety team.
As you know, the WMF Board of Trustees ratified the Universal Code of Conduct early in February. That's the beginning; the policy itself cannot be used if the enforcement pathways are not defined. The implementation and enforcement of the UCoC requires the continuous cooperation to define clear definitions of enforcement pathways and processes. This needs to be done in a way that does not contradict with the internal bylaws and codes of conduct currently in place, but rather to support them and complement their deficiencies, if any.
In this phase of the process, we would like to invite you to share your ideas, thoughts and concerns about the UCoC implementation, reporting and enforcement pathways using this survey:
Notice: This survey will be conducted via a third-party service, which may subject it to additional terms. For more information on privacy and data-handling, see the survey privacy statement <https://foundation.wikimedia.org/wiki/UCoC_Affiliates_Survey_Privacy_Statement>.
Should you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact email@example.com.
Mervat (WMF) 17:01, 9 April 2021 (UTC)
Top Language Winner of Feminism and Folklore 2021 for your CountryEdit
Dear @User:Sumita Roy Dutta,
Congratulations!! You placed [Overall] best language contributor on articles written in your local community during the Feminism and Folklore 2021 writing contest for the English Language. We are thrilled that you participated in this year's campaign to share amazing content via the competition for free use.
Kindly fill this form soon for the next steps. We will require all the necessary details on coupons within (7) days thus 4th May 23:00hrs UTC to enable us to send your prize in time. Once again, CONGRATULATIONS!!.
Wiki Loves Folklore International Team 2021