Please make sure to log in to Wikimedia Meta before creating your Proposal. If your submission is selected, we will contact your Wikipedia account so make sure your Username is correct.
- Title of the submission
Creative Program Design: create the programs you need for your local community
- Your Username (For the submission author)
MCruz (WMF) (Link)
- Type of presentation
Workshop / Panel
- Abstract (in about 300 words)
Wikimedia Programs are known to have brought the largest amounts of new editors in the past years, as well as the largest amounts of new content added to the Wikimedia Projects. This, powered by the movement tradition of replicating other successful programs has led to multiple implementations of these outreach initiatives.
Since 2013, the Learning and Evaluation team at the Wikimedia Foundation has been collecting data on programs to better understand how they work towards movement goals. We now have two program reports that should help as a resource for community leaders that want to start a new program in their local context. How can you better use this data to design your own Wikimedia Program? What systems are in place to learn from others in the movement?
In this session, we will look at successful programs in emerging communities (specifically, India) and analyze why they work, looking at the logic behind them. We will work together to bring out a formula that could help participants think through the problems they would like to solve and how to create programs to that end. We will look at existing program data and work in groups to pick a program with SMART targets, based on that information.
Learning Objectives include:
- Participants will learn how to use data to design a program that works on a local level.
- Participants will learn how to share back their experience to the wider movement.
- Maximum Capacity
Interested attendees and commentsEdit
- Sailesh Patnaik (Talk|Contribs) 15:21, 25 July 2016 (UTC)
- --Ravi (talk) 05:46, 3 August 2016 (UTC)
- --Balurbala (talk) 15:11, 3 August 2016 (UTC)
- --Bhadani (talk) 17:38, 3 August 2016 (UTC)
- --Srikant Kedia 18:55, 3 August 2016 (UTC)
- --Mouryan (talk) 19:11, 3 August 2016 (UTC)
- Rehman 12:20, 5 August 2016 (UTC)