- I will usually answer your message on your talk page. If you'd like to keep the discussion here however, you can tell me and I'll post my reply here. I have changed the settings in "my preferences" so I will get an e-mail when you edit my talk; feel free to write me messages here at Meta.
- 1 User contributions and namespaces
- 2 page for asking me questions
- 3 Översättningar inför styrelsevalet
- 4 Your translation work
- 5 A late candidate
- 6 swe or sve
- 7 Thanks for your help ..
- 8 Nested template
- 9 Thank you for your help: translation
- 10 Multilingual messages
- 11 A belated thanks ..
- 12 Thanks to thanks
- 13 Hiiiiiiiiii
- 14 Arbcom
- 15 Chapters
- 16 hello
- 17 FAQ
- 18 no-frills translation source
- 19 E-post
- 20 Translation requests/WMF/disclaimer/sv
- 21 Översättning
- 22 gmane submission
- 23 Wikimedia Sverige, årsmöte 2008
- 24 Meta project
- 25 Översättning
- 26 Translator, We need you!
User contributions and namespacesEdit
This is just a heads-up that I've replied here: Help talk:User contributions#User contributions and namespaces. Let me know if you have any more questions. Cheers, --Blackcap | talk 23:09, 22 October 2005 (UTC)
page for asking me questionsEdit
Översättningar inför styrelsevaletEdit
- Jag tar itu med Kim Bruning. --sanna 14:09, 30 August 2006 (UTC)
Your translation workEdit
I thank you for translating my statement. I think now the english text is accurate : it has been revised by two esperanto speaking native english speakers (Yekrast and Brion). Sorry you have worked on my bad Google translation, but I'm not so good in english that I could translate so well myself. I was amused like you by the piped links in some statement : I've translated all statements to esperanto rather from french as from english (but checking the english original) and sometimes piped links had been changed to links to french pages (as [[fr:french page|some word]]). I agree with your sentence "Perhaps the votes from the English-speaking wikiworld are so many, that the rest actually make little difference?" Cheers Arno Lagrange ✉ 06:52, 18 August 2006 (UTC)
- I've added a chart Image:WorldLanguages.png: please translate the comment and I'll provide a swedish version of the chart after (as by de ru fr ... ).
A late candidateEdit
Hello there Habj, there is a late candidate for board elections. As you worked and helped a lot translating other candidates presentations, I though it might be a good idea to inform you, because time is short. Thanks in advance. Election candidates 2006/Oscar/En (original) --Dbl2010 19:40, 20 August 2006 (UTC)
I really apoligize for my copy/paste mistake. I just saw my mistake and was coming back to fix but you already caught me :) Deeply sorry. --Dbl2010 20:05, 20 August 2006 (UTC)
Thanks for the translation. :) --Dbl2010 05:53, 21 August 2006 (UTC)
swe or sveEdit
Is it swe or sve? Which one is right. ISO 639-2 says it as swe. So name of this category might be wrong. Category:Translators eng-sve If it is wrong, I would like to help fixing it. --Dbl2010 20:40, 20 August 2006 (UTC)
Thanks for your help ..Edit
.. translating my platform into Swedish! Good luck - it's pretty big. ;-)--Eloquence 23:38, 20 August 2006 (UTC)
- If you manage to do it all, I'll come up with an extra clever award for you. ;-) --Eloquence 21:47, 28 August 2006 (UTC)
The only templates you have to edit are Template:Election translations 2006/Candidates/Sv Template:ClEditMl/Sv. You can look at Template:Election translations 2006/Candidates/En Template:ClEditMl/En and translate the english words to english. - I did it but please check if I made mistakes. AL ✉ 06:45, 22 August 2006 (UTC)
Thank you for your help: translationEdit
Thank you for your work, and your warm comment for me. I'm sorry I was not so much help, but happy to work with you. Also, I found recently your comment on enwiki sitenotice and very appreciate your input;)--Aphaia 01:44, 3 September 2006 (UTC)
As said in Template:ElectionBox#Uses you have to look at Multilingual messages where all the messages can be found. Please add more explanations if that I provided in Template:ElectionBox are not suffisiant. Sorry for the inconvenience. I worked hard to create all this stuff and tried to provide somme explanations, but perhaps not enough ... Arno Lagrange ✉ 10:50, 4 September 2006 (UTC)
- I understand that you meet difficulties while making translating works because of our changing templates and features. I tried to evolve them, some other users ( Nux ) did too. Zocky created a nice one that I just learned to know because it is used in Election results 2006. If I would know it earlier, I would perhaps not create mines. When I created templates, I cared they work well, I tried to provide help, I changed them when some user let me know that something is wrong in them (eg: I re-added missing red links in Template:ElectionBox). I understand that some other contributors don't agree with me removing red links, because they need them. But I regreat that Aphaia only "reverted" my work, because, it seems, she didn't quite understand how all that work. I know it's a bit complicate, but I tried to explain as well as I could. I apologize again for the inconvenience, and I think I'll not work so much for wikimedia because I don't like my work receive above all critics and deletion - except a few more collaborative remarks. AL ✉ 08:13, 26 September 2006 (UTC)
A belated thanks ..Edit
.. for helping to translate my Board election statement. The amount of multilingual activity in Wikimedia never ceases to amaze me, and I think we can do much more to support translation efforts throughout the Foundation. For example, on the technical level, I believe in interfacing with computer-aided translation tools such as the open source utility Omega-T (to make it easier to translate only the changes in the new version of a document), and to build multilingual discussion support into MediaWiki. (I've authored the specifications for LiquidThreads, which is being implemented as a Summer of Code project by David McCabe, and the Multilingual MediaWiki specs, which are going to be coded by Charles Pritchard with support from the University of Bamberg and Wikia.) It would also be neat to support open source machine translation efforts like Apertium, and to integrate those with MediaWiki.
I also believe that the next-generation dictionary, WiktionaryZ, will help with internationalization efforts. On the social level, we need to build organizational structures which take multilinguality into account, i.e. support local chapters, and bring translators into the Foundation-level processes. One final idea I have is to build a translation assignment management system, so we can easily manage and prioritize the translation tasks that need to be done, and notify translators when a document is ready for translation. If you have other ideas for improving and supporting multilinguality in our projects, please let me know at User talk:Eloquence. Again, thanks for your translation, and please keep up the great work!--Eloquence 21:28, 13 September 2006 (UTC)
Thanks to thanksEdit
Thank you for your comment. I have no idea why you seem to leave now (or just from this sphere?). Anyway I have been always comforted by your sincere interest and wish you the best wholeheartedly. --Aphaia 17:06, 10 February 2007 (UTC)
Someone may come in and contradict me, but no, the arbcom is not a board thing. An arbitration committee is a community thing, and can function if the community accepts it. Jimbo only has the function he does on enwiki in his role as project founder, not as board member. Kat Walsh (spill your mind?) 04:15, 6 March 2007 (UTC)
Copies means just the DVD's. thats all. For example, I can say..."I have three copies of that movie" or "hey, do you have a copy of "Gladiator?". Just say DVD's. Hope that helps.
- Isn't a downloaded copy also a copy? Since the downloads and tens of times more than the DVDs, I found it funny to put it that way. Only the author and/or the person citet can know what it actually refers to in context, so are you one of them? // habj 12:33, 22 October 2007 (UTC)
Fint att du fixade till den lite. Nu är den redan publicerad och den version som "syns" ligger här. Så egentligen är det den som skall ändras (vilket du ju har makt att göra eftersom du har konto där). /NH 21:40, 7 November 2007 (UTC)
no-frills translation sourceEdit
Yes, we can write some no-frills base text to demonstrate the concept - probably in the next translation campaign. ( - I.e. stewards election 2007?) We should have it right before everybody starts translating; then their feedbacks would be very useful. If you see a good (ie potentially tricky) one, give me a ring.
A key issue is how we can quickly get responses from the original author. Perhaps we should discuss with the communications committee personally to arrange it. We may ask them even to provide us with the text in advance.
Hillgentleman 23:48, 7 November 2007 (UTC)
Jag, användaren Leo Johannes på svenskspråkiga Wikipedia, har nyligen också blivit användare här på Meta. Jag har översatt lite av Översättningar/quality.wikimedia.org, avsnittet "Om Wikipedia", på denna sida. Jag är lite osäker, är det bara att lägga in den svenska texten jag skrivit där och på denna sida (den officiella ?), men jag vet inte riktigt hur jag skapar de där rubrikerna och vet inte om jag först ska få respons på Översättningar/quality.wikimedia.org innan jag lägger ut texten på den riktiga sidan. För övrigt vet jag inte riktigt om texten är tillräckligt bra skriven, och undrar därför hur jag ska göra. Det är helt okej att skriva på min användardiskussionssida här på Meta. Leo Johannes 17:30, 12 December 2007 (UTC)
Thanks for the suggestion -- I've seen it archived elsewhere and thought gmane had it. I submitted translators-l under gmane.science.linguistics.wikipedia.translators. Hopefully it won't take too long to process. +sj | help with translation |+ 18:10, 12 December 2007 (UTC)
Wikimedia Sverige, årsmöte 2008Edit
Hej Habj! Hoppas du kommer till årsmötet för Wikimedia Sverige i Göteborg den 15 mars? Skulle vara kul att ses. Behöver du inkvartering så har jag en skön soffa och ett välfyllt kylskåp. I så fall hör av dig till mig på tel. 031-459856.
--David Göthberg 11:37, 28 February 2008 (UTC)
Tja, skulle du kunna tänka dig att översätta Help:Recent changes till svenska? Den sidan finns nämligen inte på svenska wikipedia, där jag tänkte länka till sidan via senaste ändringar. Xenus 18:17, 10 May 2008 (UTC)
Translator, We need you!Edit
You have helped us in previous years with translations and for that we are most grateful. Now we turn towards the 2011/12 fundraiser. It may seem forever away, but work has already begun getting everything ready to go. This year we want to have landing pages covering as many countries in as many languages as possible.
Right now, we want to figure out who is interested in translating for the fundraiser. This year we're hoping to have more of a solidified "core" group of translators that we can count on to have work done by a few key dates, but we'd also welcome help from people who are willing to just help out when they can.
If you would be interested please take a look at this little sign-up survey and fill it out http://survey.wikimedia.org/index.php?sid=13638&newtest=Y&lang=en. With that we can start building a list of people and filling any gaps in the languages we serve.