User talk:Antony D. Green
Hoi, thank you for joining out committee. GerardM 21:30, 15 February 2009 (UTC)
Montenegrin language got ISO 639 code and can finally have its own Wikipedia!
Could you, please, take a look at my request about Mari Wikipedia, and post a comment on it? --Сай 16:25, 14 April 2009 (UTC)
- Antony, thank you for your answer! --Сай 07:29, 16 April 2009 (UTC)
Hello , I have a problem requesting new language. I don't know what to do and where to start. once I've filled a source page in my talk page and it is removed (as a test). could you please give me a step by step nstruction to start a new language in wiki?--User:kiamehr
Mari Wikipedia in incubatorEdit
Please, take a look at Talk:Language_committee#Requests for approval Meadow Mari Wikipedia. Nobody has answered yet on my last post week ago. --Сай 08:56, 20 May 2009 (UTC)
- Hi there! I am glad to inform you, Language committee, that now Mari Wikipedia Incubator commutity has three active not-grayed out editors for last three monthes (look at statistics). So, the last requirement is meet now.
- Also I want to add, that there will be a big conference in July, 10. There would be around 150 young mari. I will take part in this conference and intend to talk about Mari Wikipedia to involve more people to contribute. There are more chances that new participants will contribute to Wikipedia than to Incubator. So, I am asking you to consider approval of Mari Wikipedia before the start of conference(before July, 10). As for me, I have some technical skills. I can help you, for example in creating subdomain mhr.wikipedia.org or in moving pages, etc. And of cource, if you think that mari wikipedia don't have something for final approval, please, write it here immediatly, so we can fix and solve all the problems before July 10.
- Please, post your answer here --Сай 05:50, 11 June 2009 (UTC)
Hello, Antony D. Green, I've honour to send to an invitation! The same invitation has already been sent to other members of the Language committee. I hope that you will accept the invitation & will make a right deceision.
Georgian shared a common ancestal language with and is believed to have separated from Svan and Mingrelian/Laz in the first millennium BC. Based on the degree of change, linguists (e.g. Klimov, T. Gamkrelidze, G. Machavariani) conjecture that the earliest split occurred in the second millennium BC or earlier, separating Svan from the other languages. Megrelian and Laz separated from Georgian roughly a thousand years later.
The earliest allusion to spoken Georgian may be a passage of the Roman literati Marcus Cornelius Fronto in the 2nd century AD: Fronto imagines the Iberians addressing the emperor Marcus Aurelius in their incomprehensible tongue.
The Georgian alphabet is traditionally said to have been invented in the 5th century BC and reformed by King Parnavaz I of Iberia in 284 BC. Most modern scholarship puts its origin date at some time in the 5th century AD, when the earliest examples can be found.
Georgia's medieval culture was greatly influenced by Eastern Orthodox Christianity and the Georgian Orthodox and Apostolic Church, which promoted and often sponsored the creation of many works of religious devotion. These included churches and monasteries, works of art such as icons, and hagiographies of Georgian saints. In addition, many secular works of national history, mythology and hagiography were also written.
--George Mel 13:54, 18 June 2009 (UTC)
your answer neededEdit
There are a few unanswered questions on Talk:Language committee. As a member of the language committee, I am kindly asking you to reply to the users' concerns posted there. Please don't be offended if the tone of my last posting there sounds a bit harsh, as I was a little disappointed because some questions weren't responded to in a while. Thank you!
--Saberon 12:22, 7 August 2010 (UTC)
your answer neededEdit
Hi Antony! Please note that there are some unanswered questions on Talk:Language committee. As a member of the language committee, I kindly ask you to post a reply. Thanks, Candalua 18:16, 15 October 2010 (UTC)
Wikisource project in the language of the Sakha approved by the Committee on 13 February. When open? Sincerely, bureaucrat Wikipedia Sakha, Nikolay Pavlov. --HalanTul 00:49, 5 March 2011 (UTC)
It has now so please...
Antony D. Green, are you Serbian?
- No, and neither is Pathoschild. Serbs are not the only people capable of perusing the list of ISO 639 codes and noticing that Montenegrin is absent from the list. Antony D. Green 08:55, 10 May 2011 (UTC)
What else is needed for the approval of the lezgin section? Namik555 07:31, 28 August 2011 (UTC)
- Hi Antoni when will be approved by the lezghin Wikipedia and what can be done to speed up the process. At the moment trying to attract new participants holding Lezgin. Lezgistxa 15:14, 21 September 2011 (UTC)
Hello. I'd like to ask when you are finished checking the lezgin wikipedia on the reliability of the language. And how to speed up the process, already four years of it in the incubator.Lezgistxa 14:55, 10 December 2011 (UTC)
- I don't know. Amire80 said he would look into it a few months ago. I don't know what's happened about it since then. Antony D. Green 15:31, 11 December 2011 (UTC)
Requests for new languages/Wikivoyage Indonesian to be approvedEdit
Hi, I think Requests for new languages/Wikivoyage Indonesian is ready to be approved because because the article that there is quite a lot. In addition to the approval of Wikivoyage is expected to increase the contribution to this project. I hope the administrators can immediately approve this project immediately. Aldo samulo (talk) 03:00, 27 June 2013 (UTC)
luri lrc verification to eligiblityEdit
please help us to eligiblity of luri lrc languag https://incubator.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wp/lrc this language has 7 active involved users (with me) and these days has more activations this language has approximately 10 milion speakers in iran, irag, and other country of the world, this language has rich verbal literature but it has'nt his own wikipedia, this wikiancubator was too active this days please help us
lrc lori (talk) 10:57, 6 January 2014 (UTC)
Feedback needed from LangComEdit
Dear member of the Language Committee, can you please try to answer some of the messages on Talk:Language committee (and its archive)? Many people are asking for updates and indications about their requests, but they are almost never getting an answer of any kind. Candalua (talk) 12:25, 11 March 2015 (UTC)
HI Anthony, I try to create a wikipedia on my tongue, I need you to help me or advise me , thanks
Humble Request to Hon'ble Members of Language CommitteeEdit
- As a Test Admin of Wp/khw Khowar Wikipedia Project I on behalf of the Khowar language communities of Pakistan, Afghanistan, India and Xinjiang(China) humbly request the all respectable members of the language comittee for early approval, creation of Khowar Wkipedia i.e. khw.wikipedia.org. The Khowar language is spoken in Pakistan, India, Afghanistan and Xingjiang(China). I have created a test page for Khowar language in incubator i.e. Wikipedia Khowar (Khowar Language Wikipedia), On behalf of the abovementioned Khowar speaking four countries for early approval and creation and normalization of Khowar Wikipedia edition. Khowar is one of spoken 14 languages in Chitral(Pakistan). It will be useful to Khowar internet users to report news from worldwide. I strongly feel it deserves its own Wikipedia. Being a test admin i have translated all most used messages into khowar. I have created test Khowar Wikipedia at Khowar Wikpedia.--Rehmat Aziz Chitrali 05:54, 6 November 2015 (UTC)
- @Antony D. Green: waiting--Rehmat Aziz Chitrali 08:59, 3 May 2016 (UTC)
As shown in the new edition of Ethnologue, Tunisian Arabizi (One of the Latin Scripts used for Tunisian) has been recognized as a common script for Tunisian Arabic. As it is the most used script in Internet, we will use it in Wp/aeb. I have slightly modified this method so that it can be converted to Arabic Script. I have created a script converter for Tunisian Arabizi and I will implement it with explanations very soon. However, I need to test it before. So, you are invited to change the name of Tunisian Arabic in Latin Script into Tounsi and change the editing software of Tunisian Arabic Wikipedia into Left to Right format. Thank you in advance. --Csisc (talk) 16:15, 14 May 2016 (UTC)
Please support the Sustainability Initiative!Edit
Hi, Antony D. Green! Please allow me to follow up on a project that was discussed at the Wikimedia Conference in Berlin a couple of weeks ago:
I am writing you to ask for your support for the Sustainability Initiative, which aims at reducing the environmental impact of the Wikimedia movement. Over the past two years, more than 250 Wikipedians from all over the world have come together to push the Wikimedia movement towards greater sustainability.
The Board of Trustees of the Wikimedia Foundation has recently passed a resolution stating that the Foundation is committed to seeking ways to reduce the impact of its activities on the environment. Now, we are working with the Wikimedia Foundation staff to have all Wikimedia servers run on renewable energy by 2019.
In order to demonstrate that this is an issue that the community really cares about, I would like to ask you to sign the project page as well. Thank you! Gnom (talk) Let's make Wikipedia green! 18:47, 14 April 2017 (UTC)
Need Ur help !Edit
Hi can I Ask You something ! LeGuyanaisPure (talk) 19:54, 25 April 2017 (UTC)
Sheshi Pang or Sheshi khamEdit
Hi Antony D. Green Sheshi kham is the language name but Sheshi pang use natev language. Pang mens language at sheshi kham. So I request for Sheshi Pang Wikipedia. Please check this request and help me.--R.P.Joshi talk 19:19, 15 May 2017 (UTC)
- Hi, I've marked Sheshi Kham as eligible. Antony D. Green (talk) 16:12, 27 May 2017 (UTC)
Guianan Wikipédia ProjectEdit
Hi, Im French, I come from French Guiana, I speak French/English and Guianan Creole, and It would be a Honor for Me, if You could just look a little the Guianan Wikipédia Project, Please, Its very Important for Me !!! LeGuyanaisPure (talk) 01:25, 2 July 2017 (UTC)
Hi, I would like to know if you can activate the Guianese Wikipedia project, and please do not discuss it with another administrator, because I think I have sent too many messages; they do not want to answer any more, please, I did all that I was asked to do for this project, Check by yourself, it has been a year since I am told that they will activate it and create officially the Guianese Wikipedia, but they have not done anything so far, so please activate this project because it's really important for me, but it has also developed in me a huge stress, I think about it all the time and it drives me crazy to tell me that they will never approve of it, even though I did everything as they asked, please Create the Guianan Wikipedia! At least for a trial period, if you want just 3 months, but created the SVP, it's really important for me ! LeGuyanaisPure (talk) 13:16, 29 August 2018 (UTC)
What do you think about @Prz rulez:'s comment? This looks like contesting the rules of langcom and is it appropriate to you? --Liuxinyu970226 (talk) 13:39, 3 November 2018 (UTC)
- New respond:Well... First of all this "grandfather clause" is causing a discrimination. I really can't understand that Bosnian standard has its own Wiki and Montenegrin doesn't. Secondly - I guess a compromise would be creating common Serbian/Montenegrin Wiki with possibility of 2 articles existing - one in Serbian standard and second in Montenegrin one. That would sort of solve the problem. Because, even if I know that Wikipedia isn't (usually) a reliable source for citing, it's not fair that Montenegrins can't use the Wiki material in their own standard. --2409:8902:9301:F7F8:661C:FD23:FBA4:F48 00:53, 30 October 2019 (UTC)
Northern Luri LangugeEdit
Hi, I am Native Northern Luri Speaker why did you delete my language Best Regards Miranda427 (talk) 03:27, 23 January 2022 (UTC)