Snailification originally started as outreach and awareness for snail inclusion in the Wikimedia GLAM spaces and beyond.
As we take our GLAM homes with us on our backs as the snail, so we slowly leave a trail of content and links for the digital humanist.
Snail Facts edit
Snails need other snails to be happy
Snails are smart
Snails are slow but steady
Snails love stroopwafels
How can we as GLAM volunteers and GLAM organisations make space for bottom up initiatives? How can we focus more on projects and spend less time navigating power structures? How can we share best practices and fun practices in the sum of all knowledge?
Simple actions edit
This sounds difficult, but you can start with simple actions that stimulate a creative and happy space.
Help new people.
Have more fun.
- Grants:IdeaLab/Mobile audio upload app - indigenous languages
- Grants:IdeaLab/Gender Gap Allies training
- Grants:IdeaLab/Wikisource training conference or videos
- Grants:IdeaLab/Capitol Hill & Public Policy
- Grants:IdeaLab/train reviewers to become ambassadors
- Grants:IdeaLab/Training for administrators
- Grants:IdeaLab/Administrator training contracted to experts
- Grants:IdeaLab/More culture, less harassment
- Grants:IdeaLab/The Hatpin and Pearls Club
- Grants:IdeaLab/Just Say No to Barbarians and Machismo!
- Grants:IdeaLab/Splash Screen for Cyber Law Awareness