Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Recruit new editors
- Increase skills for existing editors
- Add or improve content
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- This will be a day long GLAM crawl, with presentations, workshops, and trainings.
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- We will publicize locally at the university, and on the meetup list. perhaps a geobanner can be done
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- Yes, and we will train them
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- Dashboard to track, and follow-up with interested parties.
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- First outreach in Caribbean region.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events
- Number of participants
- Number of new editors
- Number of of articles created or improved
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events)
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- Rachael Cuba and Andrew Nemo will organize the meetup. Slowking will facilitate GLAM methods. Wikimedia DC will be fiscal sponsor.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Resources are for travel for two meetup orgainzers to the US Virgin Islands.
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!