Grants:IdeaLab/images of living people
institute a system of stipends for photographers to cover red carpets and book festivals to produce photos of living people with creative commons licenses.
What is the problem you're trying to solve?Edit
Wikimedia has a fundamental lack of photos of living people with creative commons licenses.
What is your solution?Edit
stipends for photographers to thank them for photographing living people.
grants for photos worked for Commons:Wikipedians in European Parliament
- increase photos in use of living people
- decrease backlog of requested photos
Who will you be doing outreach with?Edit
national book festival http://www.loc.gov/bookfest/
library of congress
texas book festival http://www.texasbookfestival.org/
brooklyn book festival http://www.brooklynbookfestival.org/
About the idea creatorEdit
- Advisor Советовать по идеям улучшения проекта, помогать улучшать идеи. Рудько Владислав (talk) 12:36, 22 February 2017 (UTC)
- I would support this proposal (although currently some more explanations would be nice ...). The problem are not only photographs of living people but more generally photographs that are not at least 70 years old or older. This problem is especially virulent outside the English language wikipedia, where there is no such thing as fair use. Wikimedia should try to motivate public image repositories to provide their content to the public under a free licese. --Furfur (talk) 20:18, 22 February 2017 (UTC)
- A very essential project that is practically indispensable. But easier said than done! Indrajitdas may like to participate. DiptanshuTalk 10:23, 3 March 2017 (UTC)
- Good initiative and if consider me as a part of it, I will be glad. --Indrajit Das (talk) 08:14, 11 March 2017 (UTC)
Expand your ideaEdit
Would a grant from the Wikimedia Foundation help make your idea happen? You can expand this idea into a grant proposal.
No funding needed?Edit
Does your idea not require funding, but you're not sure about what to do next? Not sure how to start a proposal on your local project that needs consensus? Contact Chris Schilling on-wiki at I JethroBT (WMF) (talk · contribs) or via e-mail at cschilling wikimedia.org for help!
send photographer to National Book Festival;
send photographer to Texas Book Festival;
recruit photographer for Harlem Book Fair, and Brooklyn Book Festival
100 photos per Book Festival
20 author images per book festival in use
we will track with hashtags and supported by WMDC template -- commons:Template:Supported by Wikimedia DC
Slowking4 will manage the project.
Wikimedia DC has agreed to serve as a fiscal sponsor for the project.