Grants:IdeaLab/Gender Gap Allies training
Gender Gap Allies training
In Gender gap strategy 2013 and Gender gap, ally training is mentioned as a strategy to build more civil responses to disruptive responses to gender gap issues.
• Slowking4this project needs...
created on02:51, 10 October 2014 (UTC)
What is the problem you're trying to solve?Edit
perceived lack of support of women editors; battleground culture; high attrition of women editors; lack of editing of diverse content.
What is your solution?Edit
- Allies workshop
- How to Be an Ally if You Are a Person with Privilege
- training editors: I would like to see professional training of interested editors, the ally editors who want change, and the friends of allies who validate the problem, and the team
- produce a plan of action, toolkit for allies to shift the culture towards civility and diversity; implement plan.
- creating civility circles
- creating an action plan for dealing with, minimizing incivility
- shifting the culture
- Blue Rasberry (talk) 17:08, 30 October 2014 (UTC)
- Mary Mark Ockerbloom (talk) 17:01, 12 November 2014 (UTC)
- Djembayz (talk) 19:34, 22 November 2014 (UTC)
- This is crucial; the project needs male role models, as well as feedback into framing ongoing dialogue in ways that do not cause misunderstandings. —Neotarf (talk) 19:09, 18 January 2015 (UTC)
- Absolutely an important project. I will possibly be volunteering to help as a researcher once I know my schedule for the next few months. Thebrycepeake (talk) 21:23, 29 March 2015 (UTC)
- Definitely important! Sadads (talk) 14:58, 6 March 2015 (UTC)