|Current||Past||Notes||To do||References||→Africa Portal|
What I am interested inEdit
I focus on remote areas or areas which are perceived as remote, such as Esino Lario, Africa and Ticino.
- Africa. I contribute to increase the quality and quantity of African content on Wikipedia and the Wikimedia projects since 2006. Scientific director of WikiAfrica from 2007 and founding member of Wiki in Africa.
- Esino Lario. I lead Wikimania Esino Lario in 2016 and TEDxEsinoLario in 2018 with some talks in dialect, and I am interested in general in developing experimental projects in Esino Lario and in the Alps (we just included a session on Wikimania in the museum). I am the coordinator of the Ecomuseum delle Grigne. Wikimania 2022/Scholarships/Wikimania Festival in Esino Lario, w:it:Wikipedia:Raduni/Wikimania 2022 Esino Lario
- Ticino and the Alps. I am working on bringing Ticino to Wikipedia Prova il tasto modifica in Ticino, linking culture (including WP) and territories (WikiTerritories)
- Schools. I am interested in bridging schools with Wikipedia Wikipedia Primary School, development in South Africa and in Italy Wikipedia e scuola italiana + Wikisource e scuola italiana, Wikisource in latino - Fonti latine per la scuola italiana, Reading Wikipedia in the Classroom Italy
- Heritage. I am very committed to make accessible the Italian cultural heritage on the Wikimedia projects. Il patrimonio culturale italiano su Wikipedia, i progetti Wikimedia e OpenStreetMap, Heritage, programma 2020. Museo Egizio Data Management Plan, Storia di Wiki Loves Monuments in Italia, Barometro della conoscenza libera in Italia, Repubblica di San Marino e Città del Vaticano, L'esperienza di Wiki Loves Monuments. Le sfide per il libero accesso e riuso della conoscenza sul patrimonio culturale italiano 2021, Empowering Italian GLAMs (Grants talk:Programs/Wikimedia Community Fund/Empowering Italian GLAMs)
- Research. I am interested in connecting the Wikimedia projects to research. Progetti di ricerca europei correlati a Wikimedia.
- Interviews and history of the Wikimedia projects. Racconti di Wikipedia, Wikimedia e OpenStreetMap in Italia
I am a member of Wikimedia Italia and Wikimedia CH. Member of the Wikimania Committee as a representative of Wikimania 2016 and chair for 2017-2019. Member of itWikiCon 2020 (ItWikiCon/2020/Proposte/Invitare, ItWikiCon/2020/Poster/Wikipedia e la scuola italiana).
Open Science and GLAMs: Open Science for Arts, Design and Music. Open Science, GLAMs and Citizen Science (i.e. the Wikimedia projects and OpenStreetMap).
Installation and exhibition about Wikipedia:
- Materializing Wikipedia. Wikipedia. The Utopia of a Global, Collaborative and Balanced Knowledge. See also Exhibitions, Wikimedia documents initiative. History of Wikipedia in Italy.
Get the background knowledge on Wikipedia and move on:
- Culture and Safety in Africa (2011-2014), applied research project to document and assess the impact of public art on urban safety in Douala, Luanda and Johannesburg. The project is releasing all its background documentation under cc by-sa and it contributes to the Wikimedia projects. The project is not evaluated according to the contributions produced on the Wikimedia projects.
Research data available for Wikipedia, the Wikimedia projects and OpenStreetMap
- Open Science SUPSI - I am preparing the guidelines and implementing pilot projects.
- CHEERS (2018-2022), Cultural HEritagE. Risks and Securing activities. An Alpine Space project about cultural heritage and natural risk management. I am contributing in increasing links between the research and the Wikimedia projects/OpenStreetMap.
- SEADDA (2019), Saving European Archaeological from the Digital Dark Age.
- Wikipedia Primary School and specifically with the university Research:Wikipedia Primary School SSAJRP programme (2014-2017).
Triggering synergies with GLAMs and Heritage.
- GLAM/Repository and GLAM/References
- Teaching at University Heritage Management user:iopensa/Wikipedia and Cultural Tourism
I always include information design in what I do (as a research tool, as an evaluation tool and because it's really cool. sic.).
And I love producing communication campaigns!