Hardware donation program/Mohammed Galib Hasan
Your contact informationEdit
- your username
- Mohammed Galib Hasan
- your contact e-mail (optional)
Explain your planEdit
Tell us about how you contribute currently, and how you would contribute if WMF were to gift a used laptop to you.
I am involved with the Wikimedia movement since 2015. I am an active Wikimedia contributor for last 3 years with near about 16000+ global edits till now. I am mostly active contributor in Bangla Wikipedia. Apart from that, I am also an active in Outreach,Wikimedia Commons, Wikidata, Meta-Wiki, Translatewiki, . Last 2 years i am actively working on Wikipedia Education Program(WEP) as a Coordinator and now i am focusing on it very much. As i am currently working with Education team in many Program. I have represented WEP in many International Conference and program by the support of WEP Team.
Currently I have no personal laptop.A laptop may be helpful for keeping online-offline contribution actively with more edits and specially i am conducting a new campaign program in a University, where my department students will contribute improve/create to some specific articles on Electrical Engineering, so it will be a great if i can have a laptop during the Program which will be more easier to run the program smoothly. i.e- When taking any workshop, Making list of Articles, or Progress report etc. Above all it will be more easier for me to Contribute in Wiki Movement if i have a Personal Laptop.
Add the existing Wikimedia projects (Wikipedia, Commons, etc.) and language versions that you seek to impact with this equipment.
- Wikipedia Education Program.
- Wikipedia (Bengali)
- Wikimedia Commons
- Translate wiki
Work you're proud ofEdit
Show us (through links) some of your best Wikimedia work, on or off wiki, to help us get a sense for the kind of work you do. (no more than 3 or 4 links at most, please.)
- Successfully organized Wikicamp Chattogram 2019
- Founded Sri Jayewardenepura University Wiki Club in Srilanka.
IF YOU ARE REQUESTING THIS ON BEHALF OF A WIKIMEDIA AFFILIATE (i.e. to be owned by a Wikimedia affiliate rather than an individual), please type your affiliate name below, and add a link to your affiliate's public equipment tracking page.
- Affiliate name
- Public equipment tracking page
- I had an opportunity to talk one-on-one with Galib about his idea for the Inspire Campaign focused on inviting new readers to Wikipedia projects, focused on engineering students in Bangladesh. Galib discussed community-building work he has done at two universities in teaching electrical engineering students how to contribute to Wikipedia, gathering references and sources with which to create engineering-related content specific to Bangladesh, and seeking to expand his audience to reach engineering students generally to use Wikipedia. Based on this work and planned work, Galib would be better able to contribute personally, lead events, and reach different audiences with a laptop. I JethroBT (WMF) (talk) 17:34, 1 March 2018 (UTC)
- I met Galib when I travelled in Bangladesh and found him to be a very enthusiastic and dedicated Wikipedian. --Kritzolina (talk) 21:15, 1 March 2018 (UTC)
- A laptop is obviously important especially when working across Wikimedia projects. I had an opportunity to discuss several issues with Galib in person during his conference visit in Bangkok a few months ago. I noticed the very old laptop he was using at the time was borrowed from a friend. I'm sure that he'd better of with a newer one. --Athikhun.suw (talk) 06:08, 2 March 2018 (UTC)
- Galib is an active Wikipedian. He already arranges several Wiki Education program in the different institute. He is very active in many projects and offline activities. A laptop helps him a lot. -Hasive • talk • 09:47, 4 March 2018 (UTC)
- Certainly. Doc James (talk · contribs · email) 05:31, 4 May 2018 (UTC)
- Support --J. Ansari Talk 09:28, 21 May 2018 (UTC)
- Support This user has been doing extensive outreach in Bangladesh, especially in the area of Wikipedia Education Program, and student communities. I am confident that this user will make the best use of this hardware to contribute to Wikimedia movement. KCVelaga (talk) 16:54, 14 September 2018 (UTC)
- Strong support As his work speaks for him. Rajeeb (talk) 18:57, 10 February 2019 (UTC)
- Support His effort to build a student community in Bangladesh is tremendous. I am confident that this user will make the best use of this hardware to contribute to Wikimedia movement.
- Strong support Tameem Mahmud 007 (talk) 18:29, 20 April 2019 (UTC)
- Support Rafi Bin Tofa (talk) 09:14, 21 April 2019 (UTC)
- Support Enthusiastic contributor, also active in doing offline activity. ~Moheen (keep talking) 04:25, 27 April 2019 (UTC)
- Support Has good potential.--Rocky Masum (talk) 16:36, 27 June 2019 (UTC)
You are encouraged to track the impact this equipment has helped you make. This encourages WMF to donate more hardware.
- Hello Asaf (WMF) here i am listing the impacts of This hardware donation program & will be updating in future: Mohammed Galib Hasan (talk) 15:56, 28 September 2019 (UTC)
- Uploaded 20000+ Pictures on Commons in previous two months.
- @Mohammed Galib Hasan and Asaf (WMF): Hi, I can see none of upload is your own work or taken by you. You just used flickr2commons, you can used this tool for search free images and upload it on commons. No problem for using flickr2commons but Photo taken by you & upload aren't same as flickr2commons tools upload. The effort isn't same, well for flickr2commons tools you may be need couple of days "do some flickr search" work. Anyway in this request you said, you will help Bangla wiki & Translate wiki. Could you show us how did you help help Bangla wikipedia & Translate wiki? --আফতাবুজ্জামান (talk) 15:13, 28 December 2019 (UTC)