I’ve been working on the Wikimedia projects since 2008. Though I started with Wikipedia than I gradually became active in Commons, Wikidata, Wikibooks etc. I’m also one of the active sysops in Bangla Wikipedia and a member of the board of Wikimedia Bangladesh. I was involved organizing numerous Wikipedia events in Bangladesh such as Bangla Wikipedia 10th year celebration, Wikipedia Education Program, Wiki Loves Monuments and Wiki Loves Earth. I’m also involved with the global voice in a volunteer capacity. Recently, Global Voices is hosting an International Summit in Sri Lanka and many community members, activists, social media experts from around the globe will attend this summit. In this two days summit, I will join as panel member of two roundtable discussion/workshops about Wikipedia and other issues titled LANGUAGES & POWER. I’ve similar experience in these kinds of events as I attended the international conference such as Open Knowledge Conference, Wikimedia Conference, Open Knowledge Festival before.
Goal and expected impactEdit
As a result of this the roundtable discussion and Workshops, I hope we will able to build a bridge between GV and Wikimedia movement. Especially in underrepresented languages, cultures, and communities. GV also work with many languages and I think it will help us a lot to engage them in Wikipedia. In my discussion and workshop, GVers from around the globe will attend and share their thoughts. As my experience to work with small languages, I hope we can learn from each other and able to go beyond Wikimedia 2030.
- Travel (roundtrip airfare from DHAKA -COLOMBO- DHAKA ): USD 500
- Accommodation, food and transportation of 1-3 December= 3 Days: USD 330 (all included with conference fee)
- On arrival visa fee in Srilanka: USD 25 link
- Hasive is a long time Wikimedian. I hope he will contribute towards disseminating the movement in a wider group of professionals. Tanweer (talk) 09:08, 15 October 2017 (UTC)
- Support He is one of the experienced Wikimedian in WMB. Have done a lot Education Outreach in Bangladesh. I wished he will successfully bring out positive Outcomes from this summit. Mohammed Galib Hasan (talk) 15:35, 15 October 2017 (UTC)
- Hasive is a long time Wikimedian and quite active in the global community. He has been in many roles including being for a long time in the Bangladesh board. He is one of the few Wikimedians who happen to be Global Voices contributors and I believe he could leverage from this summit a lot for the benefit of the Bengali and Sri Lankan Wikimedia communities, and in general the Wikimedia community. Fully endorse his participation. --Subhashish Panigrahi (talk) 12:32, 18 October 2017 (UTC)
- I agree with Subha's comment above about the interesting possibilities of encouraging the participation of individuals that are members of both Wikimedia and Global Voices communities, since they have a good working knowledge of how both communities operate. He would be a key individual to promote opportunities for closer collaboration. Barrioflores (talk)