Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
- Add or improve content (Photo, Video)
- Recruit new editors
- Increase skills for existing editors
Wiki Loves Africa 2019 in Algeria will focus on photo/Videos activities under the theme play. Pictures/Video uploaded on Commons will be used to illustrate and improve articles related to Algerians under play on wikipedia.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. What content will the contest focus on, and why is it important to your community?
- This year we will focussed on the The Wiki Loves Africa 2019 theme is PLAY!
- Many very old games are played today in Algeria and the whole region especially in southern Algeria Example of plays at wikipedia fr fr:Projet:WikiFundi_Contenu/Jeux_populaires_sahariens
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- By Social Media promotion (Facebook / Instagram / Twitter ) and E-mails / phones call
- Photo expedition (2 days) or Photo Exibition during different events
- By motivating and attracting a photograhs community
3. How will you judge the contest and award prizes?
- We will have a panel of judges who will set criteria for best images/Videos and use these as a basis to select the best images for local awards.
4. For photo contests, what is the strategy to get images used on projects?
- We will improve our method by bringing photographers on the protected monuments. we will also keep our winning solutions from previous competitions
5. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
For photo contests:
- Number of participants = +50
- Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons = +400
- Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects = +40
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- Activities Will be supported by local non profits organisations in Oran, Algeria and other Citys;They support us by letting us organize activities for the competition in their rooms and premises, materials for audiovisual presentations, PCs etc.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Refering to Oanda.com rate is at Nov30 2018 = 0,00836$ for 1DZD
|Sl.No||Item||Notes||Quantity||Rate (DZD)||Total (DZD)||Total (USD)|
|01||Social Media Promotion||Sponsored posts in FB / Instagram pages||1,00||10 000,00||10 000,00||83,60|
|02||Expo photo||Printing of best photos||20,00||750,00||15 000,00||125,40|
|03||T-shirt||Print Tshirt for Events||10,00||1 600,00||16 000,00||133,76|
|04||Stickers||Materials for Contest||100,00||25,00||2 500,00||20,90|
|05||Posters||Materials for Contest||5,00||1 000,00||5 000,00||41,80|
|06||Flyers||Materials for Contest||500,00||25,00||12 500,00||104,50|
|07||Break for Ceremony Closing||Beverage + Biscuits + Water||1,00||4 500,00||4 500,00||37,62|
|08||Communications Internet||fees + Communications||3,00||3 000,00||9 000,00||75,24|
|09||Upload sessions||Bying 20 Go InterNet||1,00||6 000,00||6 000,00||50,16|
|10||Diploma for winners||for 10 best photos and for Jurys A3||25,00||200,00||5 000,00||41,80|
|11||Gifts for Jurys||3||5 000,00||15 000,00||125,40|
|12||Awards 1st||online trading voucher||1,00||50 000,00||50 000,00||418,00|
|13||Awards 2nd||online trading voucher||1,00||30 000,00||30 000,00||250,80|
|14||Awards 3rd||online trading voucher||1,00||10 000,00||10 000,00||83,60|
|15||Transportation||Fuel For Organizers Taxi etc||1,00||20 000,00||20 000,00||167,20|
|16||Additional Amount||unforeseen expenses||1,00||10 000,00||10 000,00||83,60|
|Final Total||DZD 210 500,00||$1 843,38|
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!