Please see the sample Contest application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Add more images about transportation(the main theme of WLA 2020) in Morocco and improve articles by integrating these images in their related articles or creating articles for non existing articles on transportation in our country.
- Improve the structure of the data related to transportation in Morocco.
- Recruit new contributors to Wikimedia projects, particularly Commons and Wikipedia contributors.
- Engage existing contributors to stay active and empower the local Wikimedia community.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. What content will the contest focus on, and why is it important to your community?
The contest will essentially focus on improving the freely licensed and high quality images of transportation in Morocco. This is particularly important to help increase the quality of articles in Wikipedia (and sister projects) about Moroccan transportation .
2. How will you let people know about the contest?
- We will promote the contest through offline media and online platforms. Moroccan electronic newspapers and support of social media influencers may also be used to spread the word.
3. How will you judge the contest and award prizes?
- A panel of at least three jury members will choose the top 10 images and the top three winners who will be awarded gift cards (e.g. Amazon gift cards) .
4. For photo contests, what is the strategy to get images used on projects?
- We will have at least one edit-a-thon at the end of the contest to select and make use of the best images (e.g. Wikipedia ar-fr-en).
5. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- We have accumulated lots of experiences in organizing competitions, especially wiki loves monuments in Morocco which was a great experience, and we are ready for the new challenge (Wiki Loves Africa 2020 in Morocco).
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
For photo contests:
- Number of participants: at least 100 people.
- Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons: at least 450 photos of which at least 50 should either be high quality or of a not previously photographed
- Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects: at least 5-10 % of the newly high quality uploaded images.
- Number of photos will be categorized as valued, quality or featured:at least 50
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- to the contest page : Commons:Wiki Loves Africa
- to the meta organizing page : Wiki Loves Africa 2020
- to Facebook page : https://www.facebook.com/WikiLovesAfrica
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
|S/N||Item||Quantity||Total cost (MAD)||Total cost (USD)||Notes|
|1||Contest prizes||3||3371.19||350||1st prize = 200, 2nd = 100, 3rd = 50 (the winners will be awarded Amazon gift cards)|
|2||Social Media Promotion||-||866.88||90||Sponsored posts and ads on FB / Instagram pages|
|3||Compensation of the jury members||3||2311.68||240||Jury bonus of the national competition(e.g. Amazon gift cards)|
|4||Additional Amount||-||963.20||100||Unforeseen expenses|
|-||TOTAL PROJECT COST||1||7512,95 MAD||780 USD||** The exchange rate used is $1 = 9.63 MAD. As of Friday, December 6, 2019|
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- Support I believe that this project will be beneficial for the Moroccan content on Wikimedia projects, especially that we are lacking pictures of different local transportation means such as taxis and buses. Moreover, these competitions have proved earlier being a good way to attract new volunteers and editors, so I advise definitely to have this edition in Morocco. Anass Sedrati (talk) 19:35, 1 December 2019 (UTC)
- Support I support this project, and I am sure that it will significantly catalyze the improvement of the Moroccan community by attracting new editors and contributors. In addition, The project team are trustful and experienced in managing editing or support activities on Wikipedia, Wikidata and Commons. Tifratin (talk) 21:19, 1 December 2019 (UTC)
- It's a great opportunity to make Africa richer in culture by the contribution of Moroccan treasures which have many sources. I support completely this initiative as a part of great Africa. Farajiibrahim (talk) 10:09, 2 December 2019 (UTC)
- I am so glad to finally see Marocco jumping in :) Strong support Anthere (talk)
- Strong support Africa related contents are definitely needed. T CellsTalk 13:46, 4 December 2019 (UTC)