Learning patterns/Number of individuals involved
(Redirected from Grants:Learning patterns/Number of individuals involved)
Number of individuals involved
problemIt is easier to demonstrate impact if you can show who participated, or benefited, from your work.
solutionReport on the number of people who were involved in your event, project or program, making sure to count each person only once.
creator• EGalvez (WMF)
created on26 August, 2014
What problem does this solve?Edit
This learning pattern describes how to obtain the global metric on the number of individuals involved in your event, project, or program.
This metric would help to understand how many individuals are being reached in the movement. By aggregating this data, we will be able to see how many people are reached over time, and hopefully see the Wikimedia movement grow.
What is the solution?Edit
- Individuals involved is EVERYONE who was involved in your event, project or program, making sure to count each person only once. Types of individuals might be:
- Event/Program/Project organizers
- Any volunteer or staff help, on-wiki or off-wiki
- Guest speakers, lecturers, teachers, ambassadors
- Partners (Individuals, not entire organizations, unless they all attended an event/project/program)
- Attendees, students
- Users who created accounts
- Users who edited Wikimedia projects
- NOTE: Do not count someone more than once - for example, if someone participated as staff and added their names to the attendee list, they count as 1 person.
How to Measure
- Sign-up sheets
- Event registration lists
- Event page on wiki (but only users who made edits during event times)
- Classroom rosters/student list or Education Extension
- Mailing lists
- Calendar applications
- Other ideas?
This is important in educations programs, especially with teachers as many will not edit but may be willing to supervise or do administrative tasks. See Grants:PEG/Leigh Thelmadatter/Establishing finances of Wiki Learning Tec de Monterrey/Report (section)
When to useEdit
- EGalvez (WMF)
- अभय नातू (talk) 18:00, 13 July 2016 (UTC)
- Number of newly registered users
- Number of active editors involved
- Number of individuals involved
- Number of images or media used in Wikimedia projects
- Number of articles created or improved in Wikimedia projects
- Number of bytes added and removed from Wikimedia projects
- Learning question: Did your work increase the motivation of contributors, and how do you know?