Learning patterns/Number of newly registered users
< Learning patterns(Redirected from Grants:Learning patterns/Number of newly registered users)
created on26 August, 2014
What problem does this solve?Edit
This learning pattern describes how to collect data on the global metric for number of newly registered users for a program, project, or event.
What is the solution?Edit
- New accounts created is an editor who has created a new account as a result of a project up to two weeks before an event.
- In-person or Face to face events - Events that happen in real time in physical presence (i.e. 10 people in the same room)
- Online events, which could be anything from a contest, to an international editathon, to experimental projects like the Wikipedia Adventure or the Teahouse.
How to measureEdit
|1. Get usernames|
|2. Review Wikimetrics Learning Module and Upload your Cohort|
|3. In Wikimetrics, Create a report to determine "Newly Registered Users"|
When to useEdit
- Learning & Evaluation global metrics information page
- Wikimetrics learning module
- Research:Newly registered user
- Number of newly registered users
- Number of active editors involved
- Number of individuals involved
- Number of images or media used in Wikimedia projects
- Number of articles created or improved in Wikimedia projects
- Number of bytes added and removed from Wikimedia projects
- Learning question: Did your work increase the motivation of contributors, and how do you know?