Learning patterns/Learning question
(Redirected from Grants:Learning patterns/Learning question)
Global metrics learning question
problemDid your work increase the motivation of contributors? How do you know?
solutionUse surveys to measure participant satisfaction, or encourage participants to reflect on their experience in their own words.
creator• EGalvez (WMF)
created on26 August, 2014
What problem does this solve?Edit
This is a learning pattern to give you ideas for measuring whether your event, program or project motivated contributors.
What is the solution?Edit
- Contributors is anyone who is involved in some way in a Wikimedia Project, such as editors, administrators, volunteers who upload photos, etc.
How to measure
e.g. Wikipedia Adventure, International Hackathon
|In-person Events |
e.g. Editing workshop, Local Editathon
|Option 1. A survey question
For other survey questions around motivation, visit the Survey Bank
|For most online events, you can create a survey using Google Forms, Survey Monkey, Qualtrics, or some other tool. If you are more experienced with building on-wiki tools, you can create your own survey or polling tool that asks about motivation.||For in-person events, you can:
|Option 2. A show of hands or a poll|
Add something like the following to an event page:
For an in-person event where a survey may not be appropriate, try asking the room:
|Option 3. Your Own Idea|
|If you have your own idea for gathering this information, go for it! But make sure to share this in your reports or results|
When to useEdit
- Number of newly registered users
- Number of active editors involved
- Number of individuals involved
- Number of images or media used in Wikimedia projects
- Number of articles created or improved in Wikimedia projects
- Number of bytes added and removed from Wikimedia projects
- Learning question: Did your work increase the motivation of contributors, and how do you know?