Learning patterns/Number of active editors involved
< Learning patterns(Redirected from Grants:Learning patterns/Number of active editors involved)
created on26 August, 2014
What problem does this solve?Edit
This learning pattern describes how to obtain the global metric on number of existing active editors involved by your project, program or event.
What is the solution?Edit
- Existing active editor is an editor who has made at least five edits in the previous month.
- In-person events/projects/programs happen in real time in physical presence (e.g. 10 people in the same room). Sometimes, people in-person are online (because they brought their laptops!)
- Online events/projects/programs happen entirely online, like a contest, to an international editathon, to experimental projects like The Wikipedia Adventure or the Teahouse.
How to measureEdit
|1. Get usernames|
|2. Review wikimetrics learning module and upload your cohort|
|3. In wikimetrics, create a report to find "active editors involved"|
|Using wikimetrics and the cohorts you created, you want to use the Rolling Active Editors metric.
When to useEdit
- Number of newly registered users
- Number of active editors involved
- Number of individuals involved
- Number of images or media used in Wikimedia projects
- Number of articles created or improved in Wikimedia projects
- Number of bytes added and removed from Wikimedia projects
- Learning question: Did your work increase the motivation of contributors, and how do you know?