Mae GLAM yn acronym am Galeriau, Llyfrgelloedd, Archifdai a Mwy!. Dyma graig yr oesoedd yr wybodaeth solad a ddefnyddiwn (ynghyd a phrifysgolion).
When we make use of the original material we get from our partnering GLAM, we may make changes to the material. This is one of the freedoms that we insist on. However by retaining the original material as well and by referring to it and from it always to the GLAM we provide the provenance needed for our illustrations. When we share material with a GLAM, the annotations are typically quite technical. Some of the material have their own stories. At this time we do not really have a place for them.
- GLAM (archive) – GLAM
- GLAM-US (archive) – GLAM in the United States of America
- GLAMtools (mailarchive:glamtools) – The GLAMwiki Toolset
- Cultural Partners-l (archive) – GLAM & Cultural sector outreach (private)
Ongoing and past activities
- Batch Uploading on Commons - a central place for scheduling batch uploads (with a list of completed projects)
- Best practices in building a content partnership with a cultural institution
- Wikimania 2009: Liam Wyatt, Wikimedia & Museums - why we need each other and what we can do about it; Mathias Schindler, The anatomy of the Bundesarchiv cooperation: 100.000 freely licensed images for Wikimedia Commons.
- Positioning messages for documents intended for museums, libraries and archives (result of a brainstorming at the Wikimedia meeting in Paris, November 6–8, 2009)
- Documentation of the cooperation between Wikimedia and the German Federal Archives (German, English)
= Dogfennau eraill
- NPG issue; Protecting the public domain and sharing our cultural heritage (July 2009)
- "Archives or Assets?", Peter B. Hirdle, President of the Society of American Archivists (2003).
- "Public Domain Art in an Age of Easier Mechanical Reproducibility", by Kenneth Hamma, Executive Director for Digital Policy, J. Paul Getty Trust (November 2005).
- Museum Documentation and Wikipedia.de: Possibilities, opportunities and advantages for scholars and museums, by Thomas Tunsch, Staatliche Museen zu Berlin, in J. Trant and D. Bearman (eds.). Museums and the Web 2007: Proceedings, Toronto: Archives & Museum Informatics, published March 1, 2007.
- Research Institutes in the History of Arts against Rising Image Permission Costs (November 2008).
- Günter Waibel: Digital Image Licensing – The debate rages on… (May 2009)