Wiki Loves Folkore 2021Edit
- , primary contact (Requested at 09:05, 11 January 2021 (UTC))
What is the purpose of the campaign? How will you measure the success of the campaign?Edit
- Strong support It should be done.--Jayprakash >>> Talk 18:52, 23 January 2021 (UTC)
- Support Wiki Loves Folklore is an important project, and shall be noticed more by the community to guarantee a good participation to it. -- Anass Sedrati (talk) 10:31, 6 February 2021 (UTC)
- Strong support What we have here is an important wiki project that need participants from a wiki communities around so I believe this should done. Isaac Kanguya✌ (talk) 17:43, 14 February 2021 (UTC)
Central Notice admin commentsEdit
I created a banner at Special:CentralNoticeBanners/edit/wikilovesfolklore2021. However, I fail to find any 2021 specific banner image like File:Wiki-Loves-Love-2020-Folklore-banner-logo.png was. Is there such a logo we should use? In fact, I don't find any WLF specific logo that could be used, the closest I see is File:Wiki_Loves_Folklore_Logo.svg, which is not really usable because a) has different dimensions than the last banner logo b) has blank space all around it c) it's not a real SVG image, the logo is raster.
Also, I find this year presentation quite confusing. For instance, Commons's page c:Commons:Wiki Loves Folklore 2021 links to Wiki Loves Folklore at Meta, which redirects to Feminism and Folklore, which is another contest (?). Since you want to have the banner displayed to anonymous users (ie. newcomers), I would suggest adding buttons to the page that make it clear what I should actually do (sign up somewhere first? newbies might also ask how do i actually upload something here).
- Thank you Martin for your good feedback and support. Logo can be found here. We added a button for account creation in the main page. We also removed meta page link from commons page to reduce the confusion among user. If you want to suggest more changes feel free to ask as the contest is starting in 5 days(1 February). Thank you so much for your support!-*•.¸♡ ℍ𝕒𝕣𝕕𝕒𝕣𝕤𝕙𝕒𝕟 𝔹𝕖𝕟𝕚𝕡𝕒𝕝 ♡¸.•*𝕋𝕒𝕝𝕜 11:23, 26 January 2021 (UTC)
Hello @Martin Urbanec I am the Programs Coordinator for the Wiki Loves Folklore campaign 2021. I am nudging you a bit on the above approval alert as per the response of @User:Benipal hardarshan. Please let us know if there is anything more you may require from the team since the campaign is to start on February 1. Thanks. Joy Agyepong (talk) 14:43, 27 January 2021 (UTC)
- @Martin Urbanec: Can you help us with the translation of the banner? It will be helpful if you can share the link which we have to translate.--*•.¸♡ ℍ𝕒𝕣𝕕𝕒𝕣𝕤𝕙𝕒𝕟 𝔹𝕖𝕟𝕚𝕡𝕒𝕝 ♡¸.•*𝕋𝕒𝕝𝕜 18:45, 29 January 2021 (UTC)
- @Benipal hardarshan I used last year translations, so there's nothing new to translate :-). If you want to review, feel free to use https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:Translate?group=Centralnotice-tgroup-wikiloveslove2020&language=en&filter=%21translated&action=translate. Just ping me once there is something changed, so I can approve all the translations. Apart from that, the banner should be fully set up (at Commons, as requested). Best, Martin Urbanec (talk) 21:00, 29 January 2021 (UTC)
Hello @Martin Urbanec Thank you for all your assistance so far but just one more thing. The central notice banner was not to be set on commons only. I think there was a miscommunication. Can you please help rectify the problem as nothing indicates our campaign is running on the Wikis. Best. Joy Agyepong (talk) 12:15, 1 February 2021 (UTC)
- Hello @Benipal hardarshan, hello @Joy Agyepong, thanks for your message. So, this banner was requested as Commons only, see the request header, so I thought you want to go with only Commons.
- Ad extending this banner to more wikis: Last year, there was a couple of communities asking for the WLF banner taken down, see CentralNotice/Request/Wiki_Loves_Love_2020_(Folklore). Is there a list of partner wikis that actively joined in the contest? If so, can you list it here, please? Martin Urbanec (talk) 16:57, 1 February 2021 (UTC)
- Martin Urbanec, I see the initial marking for Commons only as a mistake. What would be the standard for WLM banners, as Pharos pointed out last year this kind of contest needs an even heavier campaign than the more traditional Wiki Loves contests as the absence of federated support means the message needs more exposition. It is always good to remember this is also one of the great strengths of this contests, as the uncommon target area brings content that we have so far missed more often than other contests. Chico Venancio (talk) 21:13, 1 February 2021 (UTC)
Hello @Martin Urbanec, thank you for the feedback. This competition is an international contest which requires participation from all Wikimedians.
It will be impossible to create awareness without the banner. It's already second day into the contest and we will appreciate if this is addressed soon. Best Joy Agyepong (talk) 15:40, 2 February 2021 (UTC)
- Done as . The banner has less impressions set than the Commons one, considering it's more widely deployed. Martin Urbanec (talk) 18:51, 2 February 2021 (UTC)
Hi @Martin Urbanec:, The central notice is the only major source of information to this project. As per our survey last year, 60%+ of our audience who uploaded around 18,000+ images were targeted by the central notice. This year we see major Wikimedia projects like English, Indic Wikimedia projects like Gujarati, Kannada, Malyalam, Telugu, and some south east Asian countries like Vietnam etc (where we had our previous winning images) are excluded from the list. We also see that this is the only campaign that this running central notice and not overlapping other contest unlike previous years. So far the contest needs more reach of central notice for it to be successful. Rest we hope the best of corporation from you and the central admin team. Thank you --Tiven2240 (talk) 02:17, 3 February 2021 (UTC)
@@Martin Urbanec: and Admins" Just to elaborate some few points Like previous year, we need the banner active on all Wikipedia languages. Most importantly, the global communities visit on English Wikipedia and Africa, Asia and Europe has English as official langauge. The current coverage is only on select languages but we cannot run this campaign without approval of the banner on English Wikipedia. Kindly help us out so we can continue the campaign. Intangible heritage is one of the most important topics that have severe gap on Wikimedia Commons and on internet overall. I would humbly request you to support our request so we can continue reaching out to emerging communities that have no support system or other free platform to share about their culture. Looking forward to your support. Joy Agyepong (talk) 06:10, 6 February 2021 (UTC)
- @Joy Agyepong: At the moment you are targetting languages without Commons upload campaign in the specific language. Could you please create the campaign(s?), or have the language(s?) removed? Users end up in a dead link, and this is very bad for the general use of CN banners. Ciell (talk) 11:41, 8 February 2021 (UTC)
- @Ciell: We have created the campaigns for all other countries anyone can upload images from different countries, this is not different from how we run the campaign last year which had support from all other countries. Sorry I am not aware of the dead link you are referring to, but involved parties so far are doing well with the language translations. Im sure this won't affect CN banner. Thanks for the heads up. Best Joy Agyepong (talk) 09:19, 9 February 2021 (UTC)
- @Ciell: Please try again herebecause we have used the Deustch translation button and it works perfectly for users per our test yesterday. Do wiki email me should you have any concerns pertaining the issue or any other request at hand. Best Joy Agyepong (talk) 08:14, 10 February 2021 (UTC)
´===Request to run En Wiki banner in following countries=== Thailand - c:Commons:Wiki Loves Folklore 2021/th
Ireland - Wikimedia Community Ireland c:Commons:Wiki Loves Folklore 2021/Ireland