Geografisk karta över filialer
Från och med 20 juni 2020 Wikimedia-lokalavdelningar (blå) Wikimedia användargrupper med geografiskt fokus (grön)
The current Wikimedia affiliation models was developed by the Movement roles project. Development began in 2010 after discussion at the Chapters meeting 2010 and was approved unanimously by the Board of Trustees on March 31, 2012. The Affiliations Committee advises and makes recommendations regarding the recognition and existence of Wikimedia movement affiliates.
Nyheter från Anslutningskommitén
- 2020-11-04 Wikimedia Community User Group Botswanas status om filial har förfallit.
- 2020-10-30 Användargruppen Wikimedians of Bulgaria förlorade sin status som filial på grund av bristande efterlevnad av den årliga rapporteringen.
- 2020-10-22 The Wiki World Heritage User Group has been recognized as a user group for a one-year renewable period.
- 2020-10-09 The Indic MediaWiki Developers User Group has been recognized as a user group for a one-year renewable period.
- 2020-09-09 The Wikimedia Community User Group in China lost affiliate status because of non-compliance with annual reporting.
- 2020-08-23 The Wikimedians of Western Armenian Language User Group has been recognized as a user group for a one-year renewable period.
- 2020-07-12 Başak Tosun, Jeffrey Keefer, Bunty Avieson, Suyash Dwivedi and Ravan Al-Taie have been appointed to the Affiliations Committee as new member, in addition, incumbent member Camelia Boban has been re-appointed for an additional term. Also, Anthony B. Diaz joined as a new adviser.
Wikimedia chapters (39)
Chapters are incorporated independent non-profits representing the Wikimedia movement and supporting movement work globally, focused within a specific geography.
US-NYCWikimedia New York City
Thematic organizations are incorporated independent non-profits representing the Wikimedia movement and supporting work focused on a specific theme, topic, subject or issue within or across countries and regions.
User groups are open membership groups with an established contact person and history of projects, designed to be easy to form.