Affiliaties van de Wikimedia beweging
In erkenning van de diversiteit van groepen die bijdragen tot de Wikimedia-beweging erkent de beheerraad van Wikimedia Foundation [Board of Trustees] verschillende affiliatiemodellen binnen de Wikimedia-beweging: landelijke verenigigen [chapters] , thematische organisaties [thorgs] en gebruikersgroepen [wugs].
Kaart met geografisch-gebaseerde associaties
Op 20 juni 2020 Landelijke Wikimedia-verenigingen (blauw) Wikimedia-gebruikersgroepen met geografische focus (groen)
The current Wikimedia affiliation models was developed by the Movement roles project. Development began in 2010 after discussion at the Chapters meeting 2010 and was approved unanimously by the Board of Trustees on March 31, 2012. The Affiliations Committee advises and makes recommendations regarding the recognition and existence of Wikimedia movement affiliates.
Nieuws van de Affiliatiecommissie:
- 2020-11-04 Wikimedia Community User Group Botswana's affiliate status lapsed.
- 2020-10-30 The Wikimedians of Bulgaria User Group lost affiliate status because of non-compliance with annual reporting.
- 2020-10-22 The Wiki World Heritage User Group has been recognized as a user group for a one-year renewable period.
- 2020-10-09 The Indic MediaWiki Developers User Group has been recognized as a user group for a one-year renewable period.
- 2020-09-09 The Wikimedia Community User Group in China lost affiliate status because of non-compliance with annual reporting.
- 2020-08-23 The Wikimedians of Western Armenian Language User Group has been recognized as a user group for a one-year renewable period.
- 2020-07-12 Başak Tosun, Jeffrey Keefer, Bunty Avieson, Suyash Dwivedi and Ravan Al-Taie have been appointed to the Affiliations Committee as new member, in addition, incumbent member Camelia Boban has been re-appointed for an additional term. Also, Anthony B. Diaz joined as a new adviser.
Wikimedia chapters (39)
Chapters are incorporated independent non-profits representing the Wikimedia movement and supporting movement work globally, focused within a specific geography.
US-NYCWikimedia New York City
Thematic organizations are incorporated independent non-profits representing the Wikimedia movement and supporting work focused on a specific theme, topic, subject or issue within or across countries and regions.
User groups are open membership groups with an established contact person and history of projects, designed to be easy to form.