Map of geographic based affiliates
A 2015. október 17-i állapot alapján Wikimédia-kirendeltségek (kék) Wikimedia user groups with a geographic focus (green)
The current Wikimedia affiliation models was developed by the Movement roles project. Development began in 2010 after discussion at the Chapters meeting 2010 and was approved unanimously by the Board of Trustees on March 31, 2012. The Affiliations Committee advises and makes recommendations regarding the recognition and existence of Wikimedia movement affiliates.
News from the Affiliations Committee:
- 2021-06-01 The AffCom is seeking new members! Applications are accepted from June 1 to June 30. Also, everyone can share endorsement and comments for the June 2021 candidates.
- 2021-02-07 The Dagbani Wikimedians User Group User Group has been recognized as a user group for a one-year renewable period.
- 2020-12-08 The Wikimedistas de Uruguay User Group has been recognized as a user group for a one-year renewable period.
- 2020-12-08 The Wikimedians of the Uzbek language User Group has been recognized as a user group for a one-year renewable period.
- 2020-11-04 Wikimedia Community User Group Botswana's affiliate status lapsed.
- 2020-10-30 The Wikimedians of Bulgaria User Group lost affiliate status because of non-compliance with annual reporting.
- 2020-10-22 The Wiki World Heritage User Group has been recognized as a user group for a one-year renewable period.
Wikimedia chapters (39)
Chapters are incorporated independent non-profits representing the Wikimedia movement and supporting movement work globally, focused within a specific geography.
US-NYCWikimedia New York City
A tematikus szervezetek a Wikimédia-mozgalmat képviselő független nonprofit társulások, amelyek egy bizonyos témakört népszerűsítenek országtól és régiótól függetlenül.
User groups are open membership groups with an established contact person and history of projects, designed to be easy to form.