Wikimedia Wikimeet India 2021/Submissions
Wikimedia Wikimeet India 2021 is calling for brief sessions from the participants as part of the event. The selected sessions will be part of the main event. There will be 2 types of programs/sessions at the event:
- a few focused invited talks,
- an open call where experienced Wikimedians can submit presentation train/talk.
If you are an experienced Wikimedian and want to train/talk during the Wikimeet, please let us know by showing your interest below. Please read the guidelines first below applying.
- 26 December 2020: Call for participation in session opens.
- 24 January 2021: Last date to show interest to be a trainer.
- Around 31 January 2021: Schedule is announced/Selected trainers/speakers are informed.
- 19 – 21 February 2021: Main session.
- The sessions will be on any Wikimedia related topics.
- Submissions are not restricted to India. Wikimedians from outside India are also welcome to submit proposals.
- The decision to accept or reject a submission will depend on the Program Team. Their decision will be final.
- The event will have different formats of sessions, like presentations, workshops, panel discussions, and 5-minutes lightning talks.
- The organisers will provide the support to help the presenter understand the use of online platforms like Zoom etc prior to the event.
- The organisers will also communicate with the presenter prior to the event to help understand the entire process, or for general preparation.
- A session can be around 20 minutes long or more. A lightning talk should be no longer than 5 minutes.
- There can be more than one presenter in one session. Feel free to make a group for your session.
- The presenters for long-duration sessions must ensure that they will be available for the preparation and during their sessions.
- The presenters for lightning talks however can pre-record their sessions earlier, if they want, and send it to the organizers to play the recording during their allotted time.
- A session will be conducted in English or any Indian language.
- Similar topics may be grouped together, or the format may be changed by the program team. The organising/program team will contact the session presenters if those decisions are taken.
Submit a session proposalEdit
Submission is closed now, please do not apply
If you have any question, you can write on talk page, or you may also email wmwm cis-india.org.