Wikimedia Wikimeet India 2021/Submissions/Lingua Libre bot and recording wizard
- Your username:
Adélaïde Calais WMFr
Poslovitch - and possibly Yug
- Email address: (optional)
Discovering and contributing to Lingua Libre's source code: the Lingua Libre Bot and the Record Wizard
- Time needed:
1h00 (please keep in mind Poslovitch is in CET (UTC+1) timezone)
- Narrate your plan in details:
(Est. 15 min.) Showcasing the tools and introducing the source code
Poslovitch will showcase the source code of Lingua Libre's two main tools:
- the Record Wizard which allows users to record lists of words and which uploads them directly onto Wikimedia Commons.
- the Lingua Libre Bot which is responsible for linking recordings to Wikidata and to the french and occitan Wiktionaries.
(Est. 45 min.) Questions and Workshop: putting the Lingua Libre Bot at the service of the communities of India
The time will be spent answering technical questions about the Lingua Libre source code as well as (eventually) helping attendees to work on an implementation of the Lingua Libre Bot that may suit their needs (Indian Wiktionaries, etc.).
- Any support you need:
- How will this session be beneficial for the communities in India?:
Communities in India will be able to integrate Lingua Libre's tools into their Wikimedia projects.
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).