CIS-A2K (Centre for Internet and Society - Access to Knowledge) is a campaign to promote the fundamental principles of justice, freedom, and economic development. It deals with issues like copyrights, patents and trademarks, which are an important part of the digital landscape.
If you have a general proposal/suggestion for Access to Knowledge team you can write on the discussion page. If you have appreciations or feedback on our work, please share it on feedback page.
The mission of CIS-A2K is to catalyze the growth of open knowledge movement in South Asia and in Indic languages. Within the Wikimedia universe CIS-A2K specifically strives to further grow the Indic and English Wikimedia projects and communities by —
- supporting and serving the Indian Wikimedia communities in all possible ways;
- building institutional partnerships;
- bringing more content under free license;
- designing and executing projects with community participation;
- strengthening the Wikimedia volunteers; and
- fostering and enabling an appropriate legal and technological ecosystem.
This is CIS-A2K's Work Plan (July 2021 – June 2022) for Indian language Wikimedia projects. The work plan gives details of the various activities planned with the projection of outcomes and expected impact. A2K Team has put together this work plan based on consultations with some of Wikimedia India community members and other stakeholders. The objectives, opportunities and challenges faced by each of the Indian language Wikimedia projects were also taken into consideration.
Current Working Work planEdit
CIS-A2K works to foster the growth of Indic language Wikipedias across India. In order to do so effectively, it is important for us to engage with Indic language communities who are spread across India and the globe. Effectively communicating our work through social media to our communities and through traditional media globally, is one of our strategic priorities. Our media strategy has been drafted both in accordance with the social media strategy of the Wikimedia Foundation as well as the print media best practices CIS-A2K has followed over the years.
Archives may be seen here:
- Work plan July 2019 – June 2020
- Work plan July 2018 – June 2019
- Work plan July 2017 – June 2018
- Work plan July 2016 – June 2017
- Work plan July 2015 – June 2016
- Work Plan July 2014 – June 2015
- Work Plan April 2013 – June 2014
- Work Plan 2011–2012
- Work Plan 2012–2013
- Details of Programs run on English and Indian language Wikipedias since 2011
- Access To Knowledge Announcement and FAQ – 30 July 2012
We invite researchers, practitioners, and theoreticians, both organisationally and as individuals, to collaboratively engage with Centre for Internet and society to improve our understanding of this new field.