Wikimedia European Affiliates Cooperation/European Regional Event February 2021
In addition to the ongoing local community events and conversations, a second Regional European Affiliates Transition Event will take place virtually on 20 February 2021 (from 13:00 CET until 16:00 CET). This is a follow-up event of the first European meeting from November 2020.
Focus of the event is on discussing possible implementations of the strategy process in Europe and what future collaboration in Europe could look like, taking into account the goals of the 2030 strategy.
The event will be organised and hosted by Wikimedia Österreich, Wikimedia Deutschland, and Wikimedia Nederland. We are currently preparing the agenda and structure of the meeting and will share details on how to participate soon. The meeting will be held in English.
Please enter topics that you would like to discuss at the meeting in the list below (and maybe also add links to concepts that might help explain the topic or idea):
- I would like to give a very brief report from the global meeting on impactful topics and content gaps, that Wikimedia UK is co-facilitating on 5th February. LucyCrompton-Reid (WMUK) (talk) 12:51, 22 January 2021 (UTC)
- I would like to briefly raise the question of how global affiliates might fit in with regional structures. I think this is a topic that we will have to consider as more thematic organisations and user groups come into existence. We need make no decisions now, but I believe it's something we should be aware of because of potential future impact. --RexxS (talk) 15:18, 22 January 2021 (UTC)
All times are in UTC / CET, so for those of you who are use EET times, please add one hour to the CET times listed here:
- 11:50 UTC / 12:50 CET: Zoom meeting opens
- 12:00 UTC / 13:00 CET: Welcome and Intro
- 12:10 UTC / 13:10 CET: Warmup chat
- 12:20 UTC / 13:20 CET: Lightning talks and discussions (each one 5 mins + 5 mins discussion)
- Capacity exchange
- Grand Tour of Europe
- Highlights from the cluster H discussion: high impact topics and content gaps
- CEE Hub
- Discussion about how global affiliates might fit in with regional structures
- Minority Language Hub
- 13:20 UTC / 14:20 CET: Break
- 13:30 UTC / 14:30 CET: Breakout rooms to discuss the lightning talks further (currently only "capacity exchange" and "Grand Tour of Europe" are planned to be breakout rooms)
- 14:15 UTC / 15:15 CET: Summary and Q&A of the breakout rooms discussion
- 14:35 UTC / 15:35 CET: Outro, next steps
- 15:00 UTC / 16:00 CET: End of meeting, socialising for 30 mins
Interpretation into Spanish will be available during this meeting. This was organised based on some requests we received that translation support into Spanish would be helpful.
Access to the meeting is restricted to the representatives who signed up here by 15 February 2021, to create a well-balanced group of participants which covers the variety of affiliates in Europe. An invite to the zoom meeting will be sent to participants prior to the meeting. Please add your name and the name of your affiliate below.
- LucyCrompton-Reid (WMUK) (talk) 12:51, 22 January 2021 (UTC)
- Doug Taylor (Wikimedia Medicine) --RexxS (talk) 15:18, 22 January 2021 (UTC)
Rémy Gerbet WMFr (talk) 15:29, 22 January 2021 (UTC)
- Geert Van Pamel (WMBE) (talk) 19:39, 22 January 2021 (UTC)
- Mehman97 (WM UG Georgia)
- Laurentius (talk) 09:07, 24 January 2021 (UTC)
- Tiputini (talk) 16:49, 27 January 2021 (UTC)(Wikimujeres UG)
- Rebecca O'Neill - 14:48, 29 January 2021 (UTC)
- --Gnom (talk) 15:44, 29 January 2021 (UTC)
- --WikiTatik (talk) 13:59, 6 February 2021 (UTC) (Wikimedia Armenia)
- ToniSant (talk) 11:33, 8 February 2021 (UTC) - Wikimedia Community Malta
- -- Greta --Margott (talk) 11:18, 9 February 2021 (UTC) / Wikimedians of Albanian Language UG
- -- Sakhalinio (talk) 21:51, 10 February 2021 (UTC) Wikimedia Turkey
- -- Candida Mati WMIT 10:16, 12 February 2021 (UTC)
- --Florenciac (talk) 05:45, 15 February 2021 (UTC)
- --Basak (talk) 08:12, 15 February 2021 (UTC)
- John Andersson (WMSE) (talk) 05:11, 16 February 2021 (UTC) I've been asked by the organizers to share an idea about an inter-affiliate knowledge exchange program WMSE is hoping to develop.
- Kruusamägi (talk) 13:42, 16 February 2021 (UTC)
- Daria Cybulska (WMUK) (talk) 12:07, 17 February 2021 (UTC)
- --Jetam2 (talk) 18:19, 18 February 2021 (UTC) (WMSK)
- --Zblace (talk) 20:36, 18 February 2021 (UTC) (WM LGBT+ UG)
- --Mickey Mystique (talk) 07:06, 19 February 2021 (UTC) Wikimedia Serbia
- Pierre-Yves Beaudouin (talk) 14:26, 19 February 2021 (UTC) (WMFR)
- GoEThe (talk) 15:47, 19 February 2021 (UTC) (WMPT), hope I can manage to join.
- DrMel (talk) 08:48, 20 February 2021 (UTC) from wikiBlind
- --Kiril Simeonovski (talk) 11:49, 20 February 2021 (UTC)
- Nattes à chat (talk) 12:00, 20 February 2021 (UTC) (les sans pagEs)
- Bence (talk) Wikimedia Hungary 12:01, 20 February 2021 (UTC)
- Finn Årup Nielsen, Wikimedia Denmark, fnielsen. Participated only in the last part
- Papuass (talk) (WM UG Latvia)
Reading material and preparationEdit
- Summary page
- More will be provided after the event!
Friendly space policyEdit
Note that the Wikimedia friendly space policy is applied, and that we will have a friendly space officer in the meeting to ensure that the policy is adhered to.