The primary language of the meeting will be English, but multilingual conversations may be possible in the future.
No one is required to enable a camera to participate in the meeting. Participating by audio only is okay.
How to joinEdit
- To join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS, or Android, go to https://virginia.zoom.us/my/wikilgbt. You have the option to disable video so that you participate by audio only.
- Alternatively, you may join by phone, but if you do this then your phone number will be visible to other participants. For phone connection information: find your local number in https://zoom.us/u/aeBOBQMw0a, then use the meeting number 503 740 1469.
- shared notes: anyone can contribute. Notes from this document get transferred to this page on wiki after the meeting. Edit as you like. Everything here gets the default Meta-Wiki license.
The first "Wikimedia Café" meetup was on 30 August 2018, at 17:00 UTC / 10:00 Pacific.
The environment won't be like this, so please don't feel intimated if you are nervous about public speaking. (If a conversation proceeds like it is becoming uncivil or intimidating, then the host will ask the debaters to quiet themselves or to move to somewhere else.) The meeting will generally have an environment that is more like this or this. Hopefully you will enjoy the environment and conversation.
Agendas and notesEdit
Past agendas and notesEdit
Saturday 28 March 2020 at 9:30 AM Pacific time / 12:30 PM Eastern time / 4:30 PM UTC / 10 PM ISTEdit
- Please note the one hour time difference if you are affected by a time change due to daylight savings time. The UTC remains constant.
- Introductions, including
- usernames and/or offline names
- interests in attending the meeting
- and one thing for which you're grateful
- Review the meeting notes
- Anyone can edit
- copyright license is same as for Meta-wiki, and notes go to Meta after the meeting
- confirm the meeting notes for last meeting
- COVID-19 / Coronavirus
- What has changed for you personally on wiki because of the pandemic?
- What has changed in your wiki community?
- check out WikiProject remote event participation
- Discussion regarding WMF-community relations
- Additional topics may be added by the participants
- Introductions, including
- Sign up
If you plan to attend then please sign here. The organizers can use this list to know who to contact individually if there are significant changes to the plan to the meeting, such as for the schedule.
- ↠Pine (✉) 06:43, 9 March 2020 (UTC)
- Nosebagbear (talk) 10:59, 9 March 2020 (UTC)
- Ad Huikeshoven (talk) 15:01, 11 March 2020 (UTC)
- Anasskoko (talk) 21:50, 11 March 2020 (UTC)
- Blue Rasberry (talk) 16:21, 15 March 2020 (UTC)
- Ainali (talk) 19:30, 15 March 2020 (UTC)
- Tgr (talk) 14:01, 21 March 2020 (UTC)
- Abhinav619 (talk) 15:42, 22 March 2020 (UTC)
- stephen (talk) 18:31, 24 March 2020 (UTC)
- Omotecho (talk) 08:39, 25 March 2020 (UTC) I'll try to come onboard at half past 1 am (JST).
- Philoserf (talk) 16:45, 26 March 2020 (UTC)
- Sankoswal (talk) 06:04, 27 March 2020 (UTC)
- Interested, but can't attend this time. Will read through the discussion notes. --Netha Hussain (talk) 13:45, 27 March 2020 (UTC)
- will try to make it. notafish }<';> 14:17, 27 March 2020 (UTC)
- I will try to make it, but if I'm not there I'm interested in joining the next Wikimedia Cafe meeting. Clovermoss (talk) 05:33, 28 March 2020 (UTC)
- --Luky001 (talk) 15:50, 28 March 2020 (UTC)
- Ad Huikeshoven (talk) 16:17, 28 March 2020 (UTC)