Wikimedia Brand Project - Community review in India
Wikimedia Foundation Communications department has been exploring global perceptions of Wikimedia brands and how our Movement's brand system could be refined to serve the 2030 goals. The goal is to understand the wide system of Wikimedia project brands (names, logos, perceptions) in 2018, and examine what could be improved to support Wikimedia 2030. The outcomes of this research project are a "brand report" and a “brand strategy.” In 2019, the Foundation's Communications department is sharing the project's outcomes (research and strategy) for review with Wikimedia community members.
Communications team is working to collect feedback from more than 80% of affiliates and as many individual contributors as possible before developing next steps including any Wikimedia brand changes. Community Review will run from February to May 2019. In this context, WMF Community Brand and Marketing Coordinator Samir Elsharbaty is visiting India to collect feedback from affliates and communities in India.
- 15 April 2019: Informal meetings/Social gatherings in New Delhi
- 16 April 2019: Session with Hindi Wikimedians User group in New Delhi
- Time and Venue:First floor, B 1/8, Hauz Khaas, near G Block market, New Delhi between 11 AM and 2 PM.
- 17 April 2019: Informal meetings/Social gatherings in Patiala
- 18 April 2019: Session with Punjabi Wikimedians User group in Patiala.
- Time and Venue:11 AM and 2 PM.
- 20 April 2019: Informal meetings/Social gatherings in Bengaluru.
- 21 April 2019: Session with CIS-A2K and Wikimedians in Bengaluru. This session can also support online participation.
- Time and Venue:CIS office, No. 194, 2nd 'C' cross, Domlur, 2nd Stage, Bengaluru between 11 AM to 2PM.
- Harriet Vidyasagar User Outofindia (talk)
- --Subhashish Panigrahi (talk) 17:10, 16 April 2019 (UTC)
- --Nrgullapalli (talk) 03:51, 17 April 2019 (UTC)
- --Tshrinivasan (talk) 09:39, 17 April 2019 (UTC)
- --Info-farmer (talk) 15:29, 17 April 2019 (UTC)
- -- QueerEcofeminist "cite! even if you fight"!!! [they/them/their] 05:34, 18 April 2019 (UTC)
- --Santosh Shingare (talk) 15:01, 18 April 2019 (UTC)
Etherpad link for Delhi this