- The following discussion is closed. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section.
Wikimania 2019 wird die 15. Wikimania-Konferenz sein, eine jährliche Veranstaltung für die internationale Wikimedia-Gemeinschaft. Der Wikimania-Lenkungsausschuss und die Wikimedia Foundation suchen für 2019 nach Interessenbekundungen von interessierten Parteien. Dies ist NICHT das in früheren Wikimanias verwendete Ausschreibungsverfahren. Wir möchten, dass dies für interessierte Parteien ein vereinfachter und weniger belastender Prozess ist. Sie müssen keinen Veranstaltungsort sperren, Verträge abschließen oder Sponsoren aufstellen. (Die nachstehenden Faktoren sollten Ihnen einen Eindruck von den voraussichtlichen Mindestelementen für das Hosting einer Wikimania und von den Mindestaufgaben des Hosting-Teams/der Organisation vermitteln.)
Wir berücksichtigen zusätzliche Faktoren in Bezug auf potenzielle Standorte/Gastgeber, insbesondere Kosten, Erreichbarkeit, Sicherheit und Stärke des Organisationsteams. Bitte beachten Sie folgendes:
- Conference should be held in a venue that is close to reasonably priced lodging (it can also be in a hotel or campus itself)
- Lodging that is within walking distance that is affordable, clean, and safe (or transportation that can be easily provided for the attendees from the lodging to the venue)
- Reasonable transportation cost to Venue (international round trip air fare, length of travel time)
- Close proximity to an international airport
- Conference should be held in the July-August timeframe. The conference takes place over a weekend; the format is usually Tuesday through Sunday. (Religious holidays will be taken into account when finalizing actual dates.)
- A volunteer, core team comprised of people with heavy involvement in the Wikimedia movement’s projects; this team will be responsible for the conference program, providing volunteers and sponsors, doing local outreach, and working closely throughout the year with the WMF staff (the latter will handle most of the logistics)
- List any previous experience in hosting events
- Description about why host city/country is a compelling venue for Wikimania
- A goal/vision for how the conference might leverage a project or an issue that is of importance to the team/country
- Ease of getting entrance visas into the country for most of our attendees (can discuss this in more detail with the Events Manager)
- Personal safety of participants (e.g., welcoming environment/culture regardless of people's sexual orientation, race, age, gender, expression, disability, etc.)
- Conference facilities should accommodate anywhere from 600 to 1,400 attendees, depending on location (the main hall of the venue should be able to host most of the attendees for the keynote talks) and be free or reasonably priced
- Flexible meeting space that can accommodate multiple tracks for five days
- Meeting space that is attractive for socializing and close to restaurants, transportation, etc.
- Catering menus that will accommodate dietary requirements (e.g., vegetarian, gluten-free)
- Excellent network infrastructure, especially an enterprise grade wireless network.
If you are interested in discussing the possibilities and working with the WMF Events Manager in preparing a proposal to host and organize Wikimania 2019, please contact eyoungwikimedia.org by October 15th. Please indicate your interest below. Do not prepare a proposal or bid in the space below. Also, if you know of an individual or group that we should approach about hosting, we are encouraging nominations as well. The Steering Committee and WMF expect to make a decision by early 2018.
Danke! —EYoung (WMF) (talk) 19:14, 11 September 2017 (UTC)
- The above discussion is preserved as an archive. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section.