Please make sure to log in to Wikimedia Meta before creating your Proposal. If your submission is selected, we will contact your Wikipedia account so make sure your Username is correct.
- Title of the submission
Taking better photographs
- Your Username (For the submission author)
ZMcCune (WMF) (Link)
- Type of presentation
- Abstract (in about 300 words)
Learn how to take better photographs with this short workshop. We will discuss and practice:
- photograph framing
- subject lighting
- image correction
- image titling
- best practices for sharing to Wikimedia Commons
- best practices for sharing on social media
This workshop is designed for new or inexperienced photographers- if you're already a pro, come help newcomers improve! Special attention will be paid to outdoor photography, portraits, and getting the most out of mobile phone cameras.
Expected outcomes from this workshop are improved confidence and ability in taking photographs.
Note: Attendees should bring a charged camera, this is participatory. Smart phone with cameras are welcome!
Interested attendees and commentsEdit
- --Satdeep Gill (talk) 02:23, 20 July 2016 (UTC)
- Much needed. Thanks for offering this workshop.--Ravi (talk) 05:57, 20 July 2016 (UTC)
- -தமிழ்க்குரிசில் (talk) 12:33, 20 July 2016 (UTC)
- --Manojk (talk) 13:47, 20 July 2016 (UTC)
- -- Sesamevoila (talk) 06:11, 21 July 2016 (UTC)
- --Subhashish Panigrahi (CIS Programme Officer) (talk) 05:17, 23 July 2016 (UTC)
- As someone who has spent the bulk of the last few years roaming around clicking photos of Transport and related entities, I'm really interested in this talk. Will be present with a camera [and phone]. ----Rsrikanth05 (talk) 12:53, 25 July 2016 (UTC)
- Priya Hiregange (talk) 05:48, 28 July 2016 (UTC)
- --Nandhinikandhasamy (talk) 06:01, 28 July 2016 (UTC)
- -- Abha Pradhan (talk) |Contribs) 04:25, 29 July 2016 (UTC)
- --Kannan Shanmugam (talk) 05:08, 2 August 2016 (UTC)
- -Balurbala (talk) 15:16, 3 August 2016 (UTC)