Please make sure to log in to Wikimedia Meta before creating your Proposal. If your submission is selected, we will contact your Wikipedia account so make sure your Username is correct.
- Title of the submission
Ally Skills Workshop for Wikimedians
- Your Username (For the submission author)
- Type of presentation
Jointly submitted by User: Chinmayisk and Rohini
- Abstract (in about 300 words)
The Ally Skills workshop borrows its name from a series of workshops held by Ada Initiative to increase support for women in a community as well as to encourage privileged members of the community to speak up for marginalised ones. At WCI, we propose to hold a workshop, modelled on the lines of the Ally Skills workshop, for admins of Wikipedia and its sister projects to enable them to better support and encourage women and gender minorities.
Our workshop would contains modules on awareness, acceptance and action towards making a community more gender-inclusive. It will be a mix of activities and talks. To maintain a good facilitator-participant ratio, we would like to limit the number of participants to 40.
Disclaimer: We are not associated with the now-disbanded Ada Initiative. We’re only using the name “Ally Skills” because the objective and model of the training workshop are the same. It is only that they have been adapted for the specific needs and nature of Wikimedia communities.
Interested attendees and commentsEdit
Please sign up here if you are interested in attending this workshop.
- I attended this in Wikimania Mexico and it was eye-opening. I recommend everyone to not miss this workshop. --Ravi (talk) 08:50, 19 July 2016 (UTC)
- This is a really important workshop. I also attended this workshop at Wikimania Mexico.--Satdeep Gill (talk) 02:25, 20 July 2016 (UTC)
- Interested to attend -தமிழ்க்குரிசில் (talk) 05:41, 20 July 2016 (UTC)
- Support In many places where these kinds of workshops are held, actually there is no diversity. Most people who would attend these only speak one language and are very similar. India is a better place for developing these kinds of programs just because there is more management experience in India of working with all types of people. This would be a great presentation to have and repeat over time. Blue Rasberry (talk) 14:19, 20 July 2016 (UTC)
Sumita Roy Dutta (talk) 11:18, 3 August 2016 (UTC)
- I am interested to attend this workshop. --Bhadani (talk) 12:10, 3 August 2016 (UTC)
- Interested to attend-Balurbala (talk) 15:04, 3 August 2016 (UTC)