|Topics about TwinkieGlobal have been moved to User talk:Xiplus/TwinkleGlobal.|
|Users by language|
-- 10:37, 25 January 2012 (UTC)
Tech News at Zhwiki
Hi, Xiplus. I was looking at the page-history for Global message delivery/Targets/Tech ambassadors, because I was fixing a problem where someone accidentally changed many things.
I am wondering if there is a problem with Tech/News that I can help with, or why you removed it? It is almost always translated into Zh, by a few very helpful editors such as user:Liuxinyu970226, User:Hello903hello, User:Cwek, and others (thank you!). Maybe we add that page back? Thank you. :-) Quiddity (WMF) (talk) 18:45, 26 June 2018 (UTC)
- @Quiddity (WMF):The two page are zhwiki's village pump. One is New board. Another is Technical board. I think it is not necessary to post on two boards. It may cause discussion to be separated in two places.
- And I removed News board. Because there are more people in Tech board.--Xiplus (talk) 00:28, 27 June 2018 (UTC)
Please don't get into revert wars with vandals
Hi. Please don't get into revert wars with LTA/trolls/vandals, especially not on stewards, or admins user talk pages. You getting into a revert way just gives them the fun, and we don't feed trolls. The recipient knows the vandal is there and don't need all the extra pings, they will notice the vandalism. If it is problematic then raise it with an admin, or on the stewards' IRC channel, and someone will get to it when they can. — billinghurst sDrewth 03:43, 12 February 2019 (UTC)
The Affiliate-selected Board seats process welcomes your support
Hello. You are receiving this message because you are active in the field of translations <3 The movement needs you! The Nominations phase has started for the ongoing selection process of two Board members, and the timeline is quite tight.
A Translation Central is available to help translators figure out what's been covered and what's left to do. Over the course of the next few weeks, your attention on candidates' profiles is particularly welcome.
While there are four languages that are especially relevant for multiple affiliates (namely Arabic, French, Russian and Spanish), we are asking your help for Chinese, Ukrainian, Bengali, Czech, Hungarian, Romanian, Italian, Korean, Portuguese, Polish, Farsi, German, Cantonese, Finnish, Hindi, Thai, Dutch, and Greek, as these also matter to affiliates! If you can't help: please see if you know anyone in your circle who could, and spread the word :) Thank you! Elitre (WMF) and Facilitators of ASBS 2019, 21:35, 24 April 2019 (UTC)
Invitations to translate
Community Insights/Translation/2019/1-Invitation and the other pages listed at Community Insights/Translation#Requests for translations are ready to be translated. There is a little more information about this group of invitations on the mailing list. Also, please keep an eye on that page: more pages will be ready for you soon!
- Would you please translate Community Insights/Translation/2019/1-Invitation to program coordinators for me? Whatamidoing (WMF) (talk) 18:13, 27 August 2019 (UTC)
|Thank you for your help with Community Insights/Translation#Requests for translations. It's really helpful for people to get this information in their language. Whatamidoing (WMF) (talk) 17:11, 19 September 2019 (UTC)|
Can you make a small fix on a translation?
You have recently helped to translate an announcement in Chinese. Thank you for your help!
We have added a date to the text, and we need your help to review it. I should literally take you one minute to change the translation.
Sorry for this last minute request, and thank you for your help!
Watchlist Expiry project page
During the Community Whishlist survey 2019, you have voted for the Watchlist item Expiration wish.
Regards, IFried_(WMF), 15:51, 25 September 2019 (UTC)
Hi, I see you edited User:Johan (WMF)/Tech News target list 1. This is something I use to get around a MassMessage bug, and won't reuse – if I use it again, I'll have to copy and paste the list from Global message delivery/Targets/Tech ambassadors to make sure it's up to date. So if you want to edit something and have it reflected next week: edit Global message delivery/Targets/Tech ambassadors. /Johan (WMF) (talk) 01:10, 1 October 2019 (UTC)
Community Wishlist Survey 2020
You are getting this message because you've previously participated in the Community Wishlist Survey, in either the Wikisource or Wiktionary categories. I wanted to let you know that this year's survey is now open for proposals. You can suggest technical changes until November 11. Unlike previous years, we are only accepting proposals for non-Wikipedia content projects with no dedicated teams (i.e., Wikibooks, Wiktionary, Wikiquote, Wikisource, Wikiversity, Wikispecies, Wikivoyage, and Wikinews). You can learn more on the survey page.
You can vote on proposals from November 20 to December 2. To keep the number of messages at a reasonable level, I won't send out a separate reminder to you about that. We look forward to your participation. Thank you! IFried (WMF) (talk) 18:52, 22 October 2019 (UTC)
Community Wishlist Survey 2020 needs translations
I'm contacting you because you've already translated some messages for the Community Wishlist Survey. We need more translations for the 2020 edition, to create a survey that would serve as many users as we know.
The list below shows our needs by order of importance (most important first):
- The invitation sent to communities. It summarizes the process. We plan to distribute it soon on this year target wikis. The more translations we have, the better!
- The form for non-English speakers. Anyone should be able to add their wish, no matter which language they speak. Translating this short form is very important to encourage diversity and equity.
- The survey itself, where the entire process is described.
- The preload form, that provides more context on existing wishes.
Some languages are already covered (maybe by you), but some messages have been updated, and there is always some room for reviewing and polishing messages.
Thank you in advance for your help! This survey can't be successful without your assistance. :)
Trizek (WMF), 14:43, 29 October 2019 (UTC)
Edit wars with trolls
Please please please do not do it. In fact, take it as direction to not do it. It is pointless and in fact just feeds the troll; it gives them their jollies. Instead, just find an administrator and ask for them to act. In the end, we will clean it up, and if you are in a revert war, then you are just creating more to clean up. Happy to take questions if you have any. — billinghurst sDrewth 04:22, 28 November 2019 (UTC)
- @Billinghurst: I know. But in some cases it needs to be reverted immediately to prevent web crawler record those text or images. --Xiplus (talk) 06:27, 28 November 2019 (UTC)
- I disagree with you, we will get to it and remove it. Find an active admin or steward and get it removed. Those high activity/profile pages are well-watched, and they will be well-attended to and within a reasonable period of time. With playing revert hockey, you are just giving them them exactly what they want, the ability to irritate and annoy. — billinghurst sDrewth 11:36, 28 November 2019 (UTC)
__NOINDEX__can't work in such cases? --Liuxinyu970226 (talk) 12:08, 28 November 2019 (UTC)
Translations for a research project
Thank you very much for translating the survey's contents for the research project.
Did you knew that you can also translate this invitation for this research project?
Translating both will allow people who read Chinese to participate!