|Please see also my talk page at pt.wikt.|
Olá ValJor, it is possible to find socks of an user, but not always all (some accounts might be too old to check, some might be in an IP-range he has not had yet with his current account, etc.). But sometimes it is not even necessary to do/ask for a checkuser because the behaviour of some users does not leave any doubts :) We have a quite similar situation in de.wikt btw. but since the accounts are very obvious I would not ask for a check on them, also when a check is requested and the result is positive some action should be taken and I don't want to take actions on these accounts right now. Since in pt.wikt, as You said, the accounts had not yet been used for votings I would not recommend to take action either, and the problem is I would not see a reason for justifying a check, only if he is disruptive, manipulates votes/discussions, etc., but what You could do is to remind the user that the project is a community and every user has only one voice and should respect the opinions of others (maybe he gets the hint).
Hope that my response helped You a bit,
- Hmm, if this is so, I would then recommend to talk to the other sysops about this user and explain to them Your concerns, more eyes often see more and it would also be helpful when he really starts making problems. Maybe in an IRC-channel where You could meet off-wiki.
- Best regards, --birdy geimfyglið (:> )=| 03:33, 10 December 2008 (UTC)
re:Removing admin privileges from a userEdit
Hello ValJor, removing the sysop rights can only be done by a steward (except on Meta), You can open a request at srp, if it is urgent (because the user vandalizes for example) You can also ask in #wikimedia-stewards for help. But this case does not look urgent at the moment, he did not edit there since 23rd july, so only a request at srp with a link to the local desysop voting is ok, if You disagree or if he worsens his behaviour You can of course contact us again before the voting has ended. Best regards, --birdy geimfyglið (:> )=| 11:07, 26 July 2009 (UTC)
- Hello ValJor, if he vandalizes, harasses etc. using socks, we can do a Checkuser on that user, to find his puppets and be able to block him, if You wish that, please give a list of the users which harassed others, thanks, best regards, --birdy geimfyglið (:> )=| 05:11, 3 August 2009 (UTC)
- Hello again, please can You write me some diff-links of some vandalism/harassment/... he did, I saw he was not blocked with those accounts, only for a short time, please link to some of the trouble he makes, thanks, best regards, --birdy geimfyglið (:> )=| 20:15, 3 August 2009 (UTC)
re:How do I request a new namespace?Edit
Hello ValJor. With help and further verification, I've found that the vandal has used open proxys to vandalize. I've posted the relevant proxy range at SRCU. Regards, -- Dferg ☎ talk 18:51, 24 May 2011 (UTC)
Dear ValJor, since you are an administrator on a wiki from which no user participated in this discussion, I'd like to make sure you are aware of some recent events which may alter what the Wikimedia Foundation lets you do on your wiki: Superprotect.
- Request for comment: Requests for comment/Superprotect rights
- An open letter about its implementation: Letter to Wikimedia Foundation: Superprotect and Media Viewer
Peteforsyth 09:52, 12 September 2014 (UTC)