WikiConference India 2016 updatesEdit
Thanks for signing up as a volunteer for WikiConference India 2016 (WCI 2016). Here are some updates regarding the event:
- WCI 2016 will take place on 5th, 6th, and 7th of August 2016 at Chandigarh Group of Colleges, Landran (Mohali). Please save these dates. We will open conference registration soon.
- PEG request for WCI 2016 has been approved. We appreciate WMF PEG team's support and decision in facilitating this. We thank all community members who endorsed and contributed to this initiative. We are excited and look forward to an intensive month planning and executing WCI 2016.
- Phase 1 filtering of scholarship applications has been done. Among 450+ applications, 200+ applications have been shortlisted for final review. We are expecting to announce the results by July first week.
- WCI 2016 Call for Participation is open now. Please submit your proposals for paper presentations, lightning talks, and workshops.
- Please take WCI 2016 Program Survey and help us design the conference based on community's needs.
- Please initiate and participate in the Punjab edit-a-thon. It is a gift from all Indian language communities for the Punjabi community which is hosting the conference. The community that adds most number of bytes or words will be awarded a trophy.
- Please review our conference Code of Conduct.
- Please place any feedback regarding the event at the meta talk page. You can also join us for the weekly IRC sessions we hold every Wednesday and Saturday at 2130 IST at #wikiconferenceindia channel. You may also find frequent updates through our Facebook group and mailing list.
WCI 2016 Team.
P.S. If you wish to stop receiving such updates, please remove your name here.
WikiConference India 2016 programEdit
Congratulations again on your proposal being selected!
We hope you have registered for the conference. If not please follow the instructions at: http://wci2016.doattend.com/ If you are a scholarship recipient - use the Wikimedia Registration option. In case you are not attending or unable to attend, please let us know at the earliest so that the schedules can be readjusted accordingly.
The program schedule is available here: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/WikiConference_India_2016/Programs
Please make sure you read the presenter guidelines. https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/WikiConference_India_2016/Presenter_guidelines
We look forward to seeing you in Chandigarh!
For program committee
Reporting and other updates for WikiConference India 2016 scholarship recipientsEdit
Glad to get in touch with you after the conference!
- Please give your feedback for the conference through this survey before 25th August 2016.
- As part of the scholarship agreement, please document your learnings and experience using the form here before 31st August 2016.
- If you haven't claimed reimbursement yet, please fill this claim form and post it to the following address before 18th August, 2016. Please attach original bills and boarding passes. Please note that we won't be extending the date any further.
- The Centre for Internet and Society,
- Attention: Mr. Ajoy Kumar,
- No. 194, 2nd ‘C’ Cross, Domlur, 2nd Stage, Bengaluru, 560071.
- Please upload your conference presentations at Commons under WikiConference India 2016 presentations category.
- Please upload pictures, videos you shot during the conference at Commons under an appropriate subcategory of WikiConference India 2016 category.
Message posted by Ravi
Maithili Wikimedians volunteer members has taken a challenge in itself i.e. Mission 10. The focus and aim of the challenge is to complete 10,000 articles on Maithili Wikipedia before the end of this year 2016. As of November 30, 5,555 articles were made on Maithili Wikipedia. From the 1st of December until the 31st of December the challenge will run on Maithili Wikipedia. The challenge is divided on 2 basic parts Online and Offline events. The online event is focused on creating articles and offline parts is about meeting with Maithili speakers from different parts of Nepal. For more info, Please see project page here on meta-wiki as well local page on maiwiki. Kind Regards, TBhagat (talk) --MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 16:00, 2 December 2016 (UTC)
Thank you and Happy DiwaliEdit
- Special thanks for the tool. -- Tito Dutta (talk) 16:33, 27 October 2019 (UTC)
Wiki Loves Women South Asia Barnstar AwardEdit
Thank you for organizing the Wiki Loves Women South Asia Project and collaborating with us from behalf of Tamil Wiki Community. We are appreciative of your tireless efforts for your Jury work and all your support for this project on Tamil Wikipedia. We are deeply inspired with your persistent efforts, dedication to keep the editors motivated and support to bridge the gender and cultural gap on Wikipedia. Your tireless perseverance and love for the movement has brought us one step closer to our quest for attaining equity for underrepresented knowledge in our Wikimedia Projects. We are lucky to have inspiring and wonderful leaders like you in our movement. Please find your Wiki Loves Women South Asia postcard here. Keep shining!
Wikimedia Wikimeet India 2021 Submission selectedEdit
Greetings from Wikimedia Wikimeet India 2021 organizing committee. We are glad to inform you that your submission is selected and it would be great to have your session.
Submission: Internship Program in Tamil Wiki Projects
Date and time: Sunday, 21 February, 15:55 - 16:25 IST
Please see the program schedule: Wikimedia Wikimeet India 2021/Program
For any query or support assistance, please write to our email at wmwm cis-india.org
Jayanta (CIS-A2K) (talk) 19:30, 3 February 2021 (UTC)
Wikimedia Wikimeet India 2021 organizing member
Wikimedia Wikimeet India 2021 Program Schedule: You are invited 🙏Edit
Hope this message finds you well. Wikimedia Wikimeet India 2021 will take place from 19 to 21 February 2021 (Friday to Sunday). Here is some quick important information:
- A tentative schedule of the program is published and you may see it here. There are sessions on different topics such as Wikimedia Strategy, Growth, Technical, etc. You might be interested to have a look at the schedule.
- The program will take place on Zoom and the sessions will be recorded.
- If you have not registered as a participant yet, please register yourself to get an invitation, The last date to register is 16 February 2021.
- Kindly share this information with your friends who might like to attend the sessions.
Schedule : Wikimeet program schedule. Please register here.
On behalf of Wikimedia Wikimeet India 2021 Team
Announcing a Scholarship Opportunity for Wikimedians - WTSEdit
Dear Wikimedian, we would like to announce that Scholarship applications are now being accepted for the 2nd Wikimedia Technology Summit, proposed event dates are the 3rd, and 4th of March 2023 (Friday & Saturday) at The International Institute of Information Technology - Hyderabad, India. The scholarships will primarily support active Wikimedia Technology developers and other stakeholders to participate in the summit.
Wikimedia Technology Summit (WTS) aims to share and discuss state-of-the-art tools, technologies, knowledge, and ongoing research within Wikimedia and its sister projects.
The scholarship applications will be open from 11 December 2022 to 31 December 2022.
The applications for scholarships and program submissions are already open! You can find the form for the scholarship at
2nd Wikimedia Technology Summit.
Please post a message on the talk page for any questions. Thanks in advance, and many greetings,
On behalf of the organizing committee, 2nd Wikimedia Technology Summit. Kasyap (talk) 06:46, 26 December 2022 (UTC)