On your userpage, some text still says your old username, creffett. Can you change it? 18.104.22.168 17:28, 20 June 2020 (UTC)
My Domain Blocked By WikipediaEdit
Hi, I checked my website (pmagreement.in) very carefully and I'm sure that it doesn't violate the Community Standards. Could you please reconsider my website? pmagreement.in please team wikipedia review it again and unblock it able to share with my fans. Regard's, pmagreement.in —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Arjunthakurseo (talk)
Hi. After one month block expired, QuestFour is returned and continued to edit warring against Blueberry72. There is currently a discussion at User talk:Blueberry72. The thread is "Gratuitous WP:HOUNDING". Thoughts? 22.214.171.124 17:09, 30 September 2020 (UTC)
- If the two have an intractable dispute, it needs to go to w:en:ANI. If QuestFour is editing while logged-out, then they'll get an indefinite block per the most recent sockpuppetry case, but nobody's mentioned socking yet. GeneralNotability (talk) 19:46, 30 September 2020 (UTC)
after a challenge? Special:AbuseFilter/72Edit
- Billinghurst, wow, that's something. I'll take a crack at it. GeneralNotability (talk) 12:45, 6 October 2020 (UTC)
- billinghurst, speaking of, I've been working on a tool you might find interesting - w:en:User:GeneralNotability/edit-filter-hit-analyzer.js. It's fairly crude right now, but on an AbuseLog page it will show a breakdown of the filter's rules and the variables each rule uses, and for regexes it will add a link to regex101 which prefills the regex and the text. I don't plan on writing a full parser for edit filter rules, so there are lots of things it won't do, but it's a decent debugging tool.
Wondering whether we would be better to do something like
match := match1 + "|" + match2 + "|" + match3+ "|" + match4+ "|" + match5 + "|" + match6; and break the megamatch down to simpler components to edit. Presuming that it won't kill the condition count. — billinghurst sDrewth 01:52, 31 January 2021 (UTC)
Hello General Notability. Mariahicky has been blocked in September 2011, but she is returned to edit after eight years, a message to Anna Frodesiak in Maria's talk page. Although Anna retired in last year April, but Maria wishes Anna for unblock herself. I'm afraid she would repeat the same genre warring. 126.96.36.199 09:25, 16 November 2020 (UTC)
p.s. I can't edit in English Wikipedia because of my Wikipedia IP has been blocked within IP range. So I posted to Meta user talk page instead.
The Editing team has scheduled a major update to mw:Extension:DiscussionTools (the new Reply tool) for next week's deployment train. Since you invoke the feature from a script (I do, too), you're probably going to see that update next week, before it's officially released in the mw:Beta Feature system. The new update will use a similar system for starting a ==New discussion==. As before, full-page wikitext editing will not be affected. There is more information on the project page at mw:Talk pages project/New discussion.
Congratulations, Dear Administrator!Edit
Congratulations, GeneralNotability! You now have the rights of an administrator on Meta-Wiki. Please take a moment to read the Meta:Administrators page and watchlist related pages (in particular Meta:Requests for help from a sysop or bureaucrat, and Meta:Requests for deletion, but also Talk:Spam blacklist and Talk:Interwiki map), before launching yourself into page deletions, page protections, account blockings, or modifications of protected pages. The majority of the actions of administrators can be reversed by the other admins, except for history merges which must thus be treated with particular care. Please feel free to join us on IRC: #wikimedia-admin. You may find Commons:Guide to adminship to be useful reading although it doesn't always completely apply here at Meta. Please also check or add your entry to Meta:Administrators#List of administrators and the Template:List of administrators. You're also allowed to subscribe the metawiki admins private mailing list. Again, congratulations and welcome to the team. Matiia (talk) 16:23, 27 February 2021 (UTC)
- Hello, GeneralNotability. Although I couldn't vote for full support, congratulations you. Regards. --Uncitoyentalk 16:35, 27 February 2021 (UTC)
- Uncitoyen, thank you. For what it's worth, I understand your concerns and the concerns of those who opposed, and I think they were quite reasonable. I plan to take things very slowly in most of the administrative areas (other than the ones I was already working in). GeneralNotability (talk) 02:47, 28 February 2021 (UTC)