- Brane was a dedicated Wikimedian and a thoughtful board member at WMRS. I spent some time with him during my visits to Belgrade, and I particularly remember a long conversation with him on a boat in Hong Kong (2013) about WMRS's challenges, where he was very mature and insightful. He has done so much for Serbian Wikipedia and the Wikimedia Serbia organization. He will be sorely missed. My condolences to his friends and family. Ijon (talk) 11:10, 11 December 2015 (UTC)
- I am deeply saddened by the loss of Brane. He was a good friend, whom I've known for more than 10 years. He was a crucial part of Serbian Wikipedia during some points in its history and he's been a valuable member of Wikimedia Serbia, where he served on the board in the past few years. He's been the vice-president of the chapter for 2 years. His tireless efforts in the fight for freedoms in both online and offline worlds is something that will be his legacy and we will miss his vigor and relentlessness in that regard. I'm terribly sorry to see you leave us, dear friend... --FiliP ██ 11:18, 11 December 2015 (UTC)
- Memory Eternal. Requiem Æternam. Vjechnaja Pamjat. Anna Koval (WMF) (talk) 13:50, 11 December 2015 (UTC)
- Rest in peace, BraneJ. Your legacy lives on in Wikipedia and your colleagues here. --Pine✉ 14:55, 11 December 2015 (UTC)
- Рест ин пеаце (RIP), BranJ. Thank you for all you have done for our Wikipedia. We honor your memory and your legacy will live on. --Rosiestep (talk) 15:10, 11 December 2015 (UTC)
- --Vituzzu (talk) 15:32, 11 December 2015 (UTC)
- Rest in peace. --Varnent (talk)(COI) 18:43, 11 December 2015 (UTC)
- The thoughts of WMF's staff are with Brane's family and friends in and out of the movement. His energy and presence will be missed. —LuisV (WMF) (talk) 18:44, 11 December 2015 (UTC)
- I am very saddened by the loss of Brane, and very grateful for the time and energy he devoted to to Serbian Wikipedia and Wikimedia Serbia. Goodbye, and thank you, Brane! Winifred Olliff (WMF Program Officer) talk 20:21, 11 December 2015 (UTC)
- He was a great man and a dear friend. I feel honoured because I had the privilege knowing him. Brane, thank you for everything, thank you for letting us be part of your life. The memory of you will remain forever in our hearts. --Јелена Продановић (talk) 20:40, 11 December 2015 (UTC)
- It was great to meet you at Wikimania. Thank you for your good work. Rest in peace. Deryck C. 01:00, 12 December 2015 (UTC)
Inspire Campaign on content curation & reviewEdit
I've recently launched an Inspire Campaign to encourage new ideas focusing on content review and curation in Wikimedia projects. Wikimedia volunteers collaboratively manage vast repositories of knowledge, and we’re looking for your ideas about how to manage that knowledge to make it more meaningful and accessible. We invite you to participate and submit ideas, so please get involved today! The campaign runs until March 28th.
All proposals are welcome - research projects, technical solutions, community organizing and outreach initiatives, or something completely new! Funding is available from the Wikimedia Foundation for projects that need financial support. Constructive feedback on ideas is welcome - your skills and experience can help bring someone else’s project to life. Join us at the Inspire Campaign to improve review and curation tasks so that we can make our content more meaningful and accessible! I JethroBT (WMF) 05:39, 29 February 2016 (UTC)
Through June, we’re organizing an Inspire Campaign to encourage and support new ideas focusing on addressing harassment toward Wikimedia contributors. The 2015 Harassment Survey has shown evidence that harassment in various forms - name calling, threats, discrimination, stalking, and impersonation, among others - is pervasive. Available methods and systems to deal with harassment are also considered to be ineffective. These behaviors are clearly harmful, and in addition, many individuals who experience or witness harassment participate less in Wikimedia projects or stop contributing entirely.
Proposals in any language are welcome during the campaign - research projects, technical solutions, community organizing and outreach initiatives, or something completely new! Funding is available from the Wikimedia Foundation for projects that need financial support. Constructive feedback on ideas is appreciated, and collaboration is encouraged - your skills and experience may help bring someone else’s project to life. Join us at the Inspire Campaign so that we can work together to develop ideas around this important and difficult issue. With thanks,