Hello, per the request on SRGP I've granted your account editinterface access. Please use it wisely :)
Hi Bene*, I have just noticed that you've been working on the translation of Tech News this weekend.
I wanted to ask you to consider refraining from translating such pages to avoid supporting the recent actions of the Wikimedia Foundation. On Sunday, they have implemented a change that gives them an unprecedented, unilateral and unlimited power to protect certain pages on Wikimedia wikis in a manner that makes it impossible for all volunteers — including locally elected administrators — to edit them.
The change was secretly forced through without any community consultation, and the Foundation have used this new feature to actively fight the volunteer community of the German Wikipedia.
Your volunteer translations directly sustain such actions of the Foundation. Your work helps them save time and effort that they would otherwise have to invest in recruiting, training and managing new employees, and saves them money they would otherwise have to spend on professional translations.
The recent actions of the Wikimedia Foundation make it very clear that they no longer respect the wishes of the volunteer community, and that they no longer consider us an equal partner. The least we can do to voice our dismay at those actions, and to support our colleagues on the German Wikipedia, is to stop investing our precious time as volunteers on directly helping the Wikimedia Foundation. We can instead translate pages which help all wiki users.
Please take a minute to consider withdrawing your help for the Foundation in protest against their disrespectful treatment of the volunteer community of the German Wikipedia.
BiDi editing for global accountsEdit
Hi Bene*! Gadget BiDiEditing[ResourceLoader]|BiDiEditing.js is an old style gadget and will not work at other WMF projects if copied to the meta global.js page. Please help fixing this. Gangleri aka 126.96.36.199 21:46, 12 December 2015 (UTC)
- Here some links:
- There is another gadget:
- See the links in:
- https://meta.wikimedia.org/?curid=1418812# does not use "w/index.php" as in https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=1418812#
- Could you please modify the "ShortLink" gadget to use this shorter url?
- Thanks for your help in advance! Regards Gangleri aka I18n (talk) 17:04, 13 December 2015 (UTC)
- Added short url with another browser and another account. Regards 23:48, 13 December 2015 (UTC)
- Thanks for your help anyway! I changed your rights at testwiki:User talk:Bene* and kindly ask you to create gadgets, Lua scripts, templates there. Good luck and best regards Gangleri aka
- 06:56, 26 December 2015 (UTC)