I saw you removed my topic in Licesing Forum.
I kindly ask for where is the right forum.
Thank you.--Camillo Cavalcanti 19:01, 9 May 2009 (UTC)
- If I remember correctly, you were using the Licensing update "Oppositional Arguments" page to complain about the fact that Wikimedia does not pay its contributors. I'm not really sure there is a forum at which you could really air your grievances with Wikimedia in that way; it's never going to change, at any rate. Volunteer effort underscores everything the Wikimedia Foundation's projects have amounted to these past 8 years. —Anonymous DissidentTalk 21:41, 10 May 2009 (UTC)
I give up...Edit
You may answer the quistions on the LiCom talkpage, I tryed to place two answers and both times I recieved a editconflict with you. That means that you are very fast or I am really slow ;-) Best regards, Huib talk 08:56, 11 May 2009 (UTC)
Re: stop warning peopleEdit
Hi! If the content of EU lobby is what I think it is (see ) than I believe it should be in scope of Meta as a project of a WMF chapter, and as a cooperation between chapters. Maybe you could consider restoring it? Regards, --Dami 13:15, 5 June 2009 (UTC)
Please support the Northern Thai language wikipediaEdit
Please support the Northern Thai language wikipedia. To preserve the language Northern Thai Do not forget to persuade other users to support I--Kammuang 11:46, 11 June 2009 (UTC)
- I'm not sure this kind of canvassing is appropriate. —Anonymous DissidentTalk 11:53, 11 June 2009 (UTC)
Hi. Your additions to Template:Information thread are much appreciated. However, I've removed the item for the Multimedia Usability Project Meeting October 2009, if only for now. Though the Meeting certainly deserves a mention, I think it would be best to wait until a date is announced before posting it. Thanks. —Anonymous DissidentTalk 14:39, 27 August 2009 (UTC)
Perhaps the link is more useful while the date is not totally precise. It gives people an opportunity to tell what precise date is more convenient for them. It gives people an opportunity to add comments on the talk page while it is not too late to add comments on the talk page.
Anyway "October 2009" is a date. Will you remove the link if the date is given but the hour when it starts is not decided. Would you say "it would be best to wait until the hour is announced" ?
What if we learn it starts at around 9 AM with no certainty this is not 9:15 or 9:20 ?
Teofilo 11:33, 28 August 2009 (UTC)
No it is not a news thread. It is a thread for important notifications, so that people can take part in community life in a meaningful way. It is not a place to write history. Teofilo 06:38, 29 August 2009 (UTC)
What do you think is more useful, tell people "Hurricane Katrina is coming, we don't know exactly when" (so that people can get ready to leave New Orleans) or report after the event, when it is too late, the exact number of casualties ? Teofilo 06:55, 1 September 2009 (UTC)
Global autocreation & user pagesEdit
- It was decided on Talk:Main page that all main pages should be protected. —Anonymous DissidentTalk 11:06, 26 September 2009 (UTC)
- Hi. It's true the site contains pictures of trains which could have some illustrative use, but the fact remains that there are advertisements around the border and it clearly has a commercial bent. The idea on most Wikimedia projects is that external links are of a high calibre of they're not there at all. I know that if I saw this link in an external links section on Wikipedia – even without the xwiki report – I'd remove it. The other thing I'll say is that I think I'm quite a bit more conservative in adding things to the blacklist nowadays. Since you're a regular on Talk:Spam blacklist, I'll leave it up to you to decide what to do. Unless it's customary for the blacklister to judge, that is. Regards, —Anonymous DissidentTalk 23:35, 16 October 2009 (UTC)
Taking over accountEdit
Hi, What is the procedur here on Meta if I would like to take over an account? I have the global account for "Tegel" and there is an account here on Meta created 2007 and with one edit in 2007 with that name. -- Tegel2 17:44, 25 October 2009 (UTC)
Hey there. I re-moved this page. Looking through Special:PrefixIndex/Proposals for closing, I'm fairly sure I moved all the other similar cases. If not, please list which I missed and I'd be more than happy to move them later. The practice of sticking (X) in the middle of the page title is bizarre and I agree that it should uniformly be killed. Cheers. --MZMcBride 18:39, 25 October 2009 (UTC)
Hello! I am an slovene user in the Hungarian and Slovene wikipedia. My name is Ákos, and my mother thongue the prekmurian language (en:Prekmurian dialect), what a autonomus dialect of the Slovene language, posses to standard literary language and the prekmurian was the language of the schools in the 16th-20th century, together with the language of the liturgy and the press up 1945. In our days writers and journalist yet write books and tidings. A prekmurian writer Feri Lainšček feel as, that the prekmurian is the second slovene language. To conclude the prekmurian language not low dialect, but a traditional regional language. Accordingly i interrogate to, likely found to wikipedia in prekmurian language. Yet temporarily i plan. Albeit the prekmurian not possess ISO, but the silesian language also later have code. But i know certify, that the prekmurian language pukka, eminent, unique dialect. Doncsecz 13:05, 29 October 2009 (UTC)
- Hello. If I am understanding you correctly, you are saying that you wish to start a Wikipedia in your native Prekmurian dialect. The place you will need to lodge your request is at Requests for new languages. See the details there and follow the instructions. I hope that helps. Best, —Anonymous DissidentTalk 13:13, 29 October 2009 (UTC)
Thank you! I review the chances and if need, i again interrogate. If that's all right in a years time i give the petition. Doncsecz 14:09, 29 October 2009 (UTC)
Removal of admin rightsEdit
Hi AD, can you update your admin removal message so that it's not apologetic? Adminship here is no big deal, and having your admin flag dropped shouldn't be something to regret; for someone trusted with it once, it seems to me it is mainly an indication of availability/activity. You might also add explicitly that should former admins find time in the future to be admins here again, they are welcome to reapply. I'm following up with a few of our excellent long-time admins. Cheers, Sj+ translate 02:33, 4 November 2009 (UTC)
- Feel free to modify the messages all you like (they're not by any means mine; I just created them). See Meta:Administrators/Removal/RemovalNoticeAutomatic, Meta:Administrators/Removal/RemovalNoticeProposed, and Meta:Administrators/Removal/RemovalNoticeNoResponse. —Anonymous DissidentTalk 05:34, 4 November 2009 (UTC)
Hi what does that  mean for any files not updated yet? Please have a look at commons:Category:License migration candidates and en:Category:Wikipedia license migration candidates. Please notice the subcats "...needs review". Since most of the files are on Commons I think it would be nice if you informed us on Commons if some official decision has been made. --MGA73 10:57, 8 November 2009 (UTC)
- It's quite meaningless, I assure you. :-) The situation is that we're in the latter stages of the carry-over. I understand many files are yet to be transferred, but the statement is intended to be very general. The situation is not that the licensing update vote is over (that implies we're only just getting into it). The new phrasing seemed the most appropriate. —Anonymous DissidentTalk 12:15, 8 November 2009 (UTC)
- Thank you :-) --MGA73 18:20, 8 November 2009 (UTC)
Closing simple english wikiquoteEdit
A month has passed since you nominated the simple english wikiquote to be closed. The consensus is currently largely in favor for supporting your nomination (45 supports - 9 opposes). I have asked Pathoschild, a steward and a member of the language committee, on when a final decision should be made regarding the fate of the project. Pathoschild suggested that I should ask you. Is there any standardized procedure for closing requests, or is it up to... who? --§ Snake311 (I'm Not Okay!) 23:31, 28 November 2009 (UTC)
Could you please fulfill my usurpation request on the CHU page? I've been waiting for a while, and I want to vote for the Wiktionary logo under my SUL name. Thanks, Computerwiz908 22:26, 10 December 2009 (UTC)
The page Meta:Administrators/Removal/Next (containing the month of the next admin review) was deleted and hasn't been replaced yet. I'm unaware of if you'd prefer to simply edit the page and hard-code the month in, or if you'd rather replace the page with a new one of correct value. As it stands now, the page is "broken", and I hesitantly assume you would prefer to do such maintenance yourself.
Best wishes, Kylu 03:43, 8 January 2010 (UTC)