|Users by language|
Hi and welcome!
I'm originally from from the Danish Wikipedia (da:Bruger:MGA73). Later I was most active on Commons (commons:User:MGA73). I also started copying files from local wikis to Commons. Then I took a break but now I'm back again.
When I work outside Danish Wikipedia it is usually related to files.
All files must meet wmf:Resolution:Licensing_policy and that means all files must meet either 1 or 2 below (short version):
- All projects are expected to host only content which is under a Free Content License.
- In addition, with the exception of Wikimedia Commons, each project community may develop and adopt an EDP.
Free files must have (my own words):
- A free license that allows all legal use. See commons:Commons:Copyright tags for examples.
- A clear source. For example "Own work", "I created this photo/diagram" or a link to a website where the file was found.
- An author. Usually the name of the photographer. In some cases we also need to know who created the painting, the statue or the building if it is a derivative work.
- A permission if the uploader is not the copyright holder. See commons:Commons:OTRS.
Non-free files require:
- First there MUST be an Exemption Doctrine Policy (EDP). See lists at m:Non-free content and an example see en:Wikipedia:Non-free content.
- There must not be any free alternatives possible.
- The file must be in use.
- The file need a clear template stating that the file is not-free.
All files that does not meet the requirements MUST BE DELETED!
My page to locate wikis with local files: m:User:MGA73/Media per wiki