Hello, Alnokta, and welcome to Meta-Wiki! Thank you for your contributions. I hope you like the place and decide to stay. Here are some pages that you might find helpful:
I hope you enjoy editing here and being a experienced user! Please sign your name on talk pages using four tildes (~~~~); this will automatically produce your name and the date. If you need help, check out Wikipedia:Questions or ask me on my talk page. Again, welcome! Slade ♠ 18:17, 25 November 2006 (UTC)
Language selector on help pagesEdit
I saw your comment in the RfAs' page. I just want to point out that Meta is a secondary project - indeed you need to be a sysop of another Wikimedia project to apply for adminship here. 72 sometimes are not enough; sometimes a vandal plays for an hour or two. --.anaconda 01:32, 19 January 2007 (UTC)
I reverted your edit because
- theoretically and rigidly your edit changed its meaning.
- it is not good to modify established rules without any previous discussion.
Thank you for your understanding, --Aphaia 12:01, 4 February 2007 (UTC)
Trans- & Babel templatesEdit
Thanks for your kind words! :) I'm glad you found it useful. Cheers, Tangotango 09:46, 22 February 2007 (UTC)
Arabic translation team guidelinesEdit
Hello Alnokta, as you're a member of the Arabic translation team, I hope you would take part in developing guidelines to unify the way we translate things here. the guidelines will be on but not limited to, dates and how you would write them in Arabic, how to write names properly with just one transliteration, translations of the various WMF committees and so on. please take a look here, Translation teams/ar/guidelines and share your thoughts on the talk page. Thanks :) --Mido 23:24, 30 March 2007 (UTC)
IRC cloak requestEdit
I am alnokta on freenode and I would like the cloak wikimedia/alnokta. Thanks. --The Joke 04:03, 2 April 2007 (UTC)
Sockpuppets in Arabic WikiEdit
I have requested chechuser on Arabic wiki. I suspect some admins don't want to admit that inappropriate actions have been carried out by one or more of their own. Would you please let me know who I can contact here to clarify the issue? I also hope this message be enough to prompt them to do what they are supposed to do. Many thanks. Azdiyy 21:33, 8 April 2007 (UTC)
- proxy 184.108.40.206 is not banned, just like the admin who used open proxies.
- unspeakable attacks need only be deleted.
- ban only some ips for a few days, not the person behind them, if a friend asks.
- admit that the attacks were by ar:user:حزم الظامي according to checkuser.
- azdiyy posts, change your mind.
- welcome sockpuppet back into ar wi. just like aram33 has an evil roommate, accept someone else used the new sockpuppet's login details.
- happy ending, alnokta!
--Azdiyy 00:49, 24 May 2007 (UTC)
يجب أن تُوقف افتراض سوء النية هذا ، حقيقة..أنت تتكلم في أشياء لا تعلم عنها شيئاً ، لقد شرحت الموضوع أكثر في الويكي في صفحة تدقيق المستخدم ، إذا كان لديك المزيد من الأسئلة ذات العلاقة ، اكتبها هنا وسوف أرد عليها هناك . من السهل أن أضغط على زر المنع ولكن كيف سيفيد ذلك ويكيبيديا؟ لقد حللت الموضوع بطريقة سلمية. وشكراً--The Joke النكتة 03:06, 24 May 2007 (UTC)
i hope my translation is not very misleading. if so, please correct me, mr translator.
- you should stop assuming bad faith. you are talking about things you don't know. i've explained things more in the ar rfcu page. if you have more related questions, write them here and i will reply there. it's easy to hit the blocking button but how would it benefit wikipedia? i've sorted out the issue in a peaceful way. thanks. --The Joke Alnokta
please accept my apologies. it's difficult to get rid of my bad faith, esp. that i'm banned according to no policy, while vandals and sockpuppets are roaming ar wi and being rehabed by your wisdom. wouldn't it be easier to deal with my questions in ar wi by your usual ignore me? fortunately i'm banned there and your memory is in bad mode. why should you ban a vandal? why should you block an open proxy? Joke, try to get them back into the community, try to get them to write good articles when you're busy with admin work, esp. that someone else, not you, is attacked. you see, the issue imo is that you do what you think is good for wp, ignoring all policies and rules, save ignore all rules. --Azdiyy 07:32, 24 May 2007 (UTC)
ها أنت تخلط الأمور ببعضها الآن ، لماذا تخلط موضوع منعك مع موضوع حزم ؟
أنا لا أفعل ذلك ، كيف اتجاهل السياسات ؟ هذه تهمة كبيرة أزدي.. أنا لا استطيع أن أملي على أحد القيام بشيء. أنت تقول كلام كثير وصفات ليست في..أنا رددت على رسالتك فقط على أمل إنك لديك أسئلة متعلقة بالتشيك يوزر الأخير..ولكن الموضوع مازال حول منعك. وتذكر هناك 14 إداري غيري في ويكيبيديا. لا تتوقع مني ردوداً أخرى حتى تُغير اسلوبك في الحوار. تحيتي. ترجمتك جيدة جداً . بالمناسبة ، لقد تركت موضوع حزم الآن حيث حدثت تعقيدات ، انظر صفحة التدقيق. إنه شيء حزين فعلاً أن يكون هناك شخص متعلم مثلك يمكنه مساعدة ويكيبيديا ولكن بدلاً من ذلك جعل المجتمع يمنعه بسبب تصرفاته. سلام.--The Joke النكتة 08:42, 24 May 2007 (UTC)
- i can't say all ar sysops are corrupt - there's a bad mixture of good-faith ignorance, arrogance, and groupthink cabalism, and corruption imo. you must be corrupt, Alnokta, if you don't mind ar sysops using sockpuppets and open proxies to cicumvent policies and launch unspeakable attacks. can you find any lies here? misleading translation there? can you find a policy that justifies my ban? just because no one else cares doesn't make it necessarily right. and please tell me who belongs to community, and who doesn't. --Azdiyy 09:03, 24 May 2007 (UTC)
when you find the answers, you may remove the following:
--Azdiyy 09:34, 24 May 2007 (UTC)
You at FaWPEdit
Am I allowed to add some details to your user page on FaWP, about your real name, where you live, etc (like what is on your Meta user page) in Farsi? This is just to let others know you, and know who they can refer to, in case of questions regarding Arabic language, etc. Huji 09:26, 24 May 2007 (UTC)
- I think I'm done with it! Huji 23:48, 24 May 2007 (UTC)