Requests for new languages/Wikibooks Cantonese
|←main page||Request for a new language edition: Wikibooks Cantonese|
- The community needs to develop an active test project; it must remain active until approval (automated statistics, recent changes). It is generally considered active if the analysis lists at least three active, not-grayed-out editors listed in the sections for the previous few months.
- The community needs to complete required MediaWiki interface translations in that language (about localization, translatewiki, check completion).
- The community needs to discuss and complete the settings table below:
|What||Value||Example / Explanation|
|Language code||yue (SIL, Ethnologue)||A valid ISO 639-1 or 639-3 language code, like "fr", "de", "nso", ...|
|Language name||Cantonese||Language name in English|
|Language name||粵文/粵語||Language name in your language. This will appear in the language list on Special:Preferences, in the interwiki sidebar on other wikis, ...|
|Language Wikidata item||Q9186 - item has currently the following values:
||Item about the language at Wikidata. It would normally include the Wikimedia language code, name of the language, etc. Please complete at Wikidata if needed.|
You can optionally list your user name if you are an active contributor to the test wiki. Add "N" next to your name if you are a native speaker of this language.
|Project name||維基書本||"Wikibooks" in your language|
|Project namespace||Wikibooks||usually the same as the project name|
|Project talk namespace||Wikibooks talk||"Wikibooks talk" (the discussion namespace of the project namespace)|
|Enable uploads||yes||Default is "no". Preferably, files should be uploaded to Commons.|
If you want, you can enable local file uploading, either by any user ("yes") or by administrators only ("admin").
Notes: (1) This setting can be changed afterwards. The setting can only be "yes" or "admin" at approval if the test creates an Exemption Doctrine Policy (EDP) first. (2) Files on Commons can be used on all Wikis. (3) Uploading fair-use images is not allowed on Commons (more info). (4) Localisation to your language may be insufficient on Commons.
|Project logo||File:Wikibooks-logo.svg||135x135 PNG derivative from a decent SVG image (instructions)|
|Default project timezone||Asia/Hong Kong and Asia/Macau||"Continent/City", e.g. "Europe/Brussels" or "America/Mexico City" (see list of valid timezones)|
|Additional namespaces||For example for a Wikisource which would need "Page", "Page talk", "Index", "Index talk"|
|Additional settings||'WB' => NS_PROJECT, 'CAT' => NS_CATEGORY (namespace aliases)||Anything else that should be set|
Cantonese is a great language and most of the Canton, Hong Kong and Macau people use it. There have already been Cantonese Wikipedia and requests for Cantonese Wikitionary, Wikinews and Wikiquote. The language code (yue or zh-yue) can be discussed soon. LC (talk) 13:07, 17 August 2016 (UTC)
- LC (talk) 13:08, 17 August 2016 (UTC)
- Seems to meet requirements.--Prisencolin (talk) 06:35, 23 August 2016 (UTC)
- 太好了--香港中立人 (talk) 12:44, 27 October 2016 (UTC)
- Support. 呢個成立亦對發展粵語有好處，亦希望等多啲外地人識多啲粵語同了解粵語。更加唔好再次出現喺2018年9月底喺廣州街頭出現嘅握山小學同廣雅小學嘅“推普廢粵門”事件，因為噉嘅“推普廢粵”醜聞喺廣州街頭唔止出現一次啦，加上香港有線電視同澎湃新聞亦調查過全中國大陸啲主要城市講當地話啲情況，尤其係廣州，發現有72%啲6～20歲嘅人識講粵語咋。--PQ77wd (talk) 02:46, 19 November 2018 (UTC)
- Support Rubbish computer (Talk: Contribs) 13:51, 21 October 2019 (UTC)
- Support. I am a native Cantonese speaker and am willing to contribute to this proposed project. Jonashtand (talk) 23:39, 2 June 2020 (UTC)
- There is almost no content other than the Main Page. It needs more book units and active contributors. --Zerabat (discusión) 13:44, 5 September 2016 (UTC)