Trust in WikipediaEdit
this is Cathy from Hong Kong working on a research about trust on Wikipedia. I wonder if you would kindly contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org? I'd like to chat with you about Wikipedia of your language. Would you kindly drop me your email or IM (Skype, MSN, AIM or ICQ)? It wouldn't take more than ten minutes, but it would help enormously for us to understand the overall trust-based social landscape of Wikipedia. Thank you!
Our request to have a wikipedia in the Kabyle Berber language have been aproved by an administrator :
On this page:
The use/admin TUF-KAT said we need to ask a developer to do the rest, I have posted in the mailing list  but we did not find any developper.
i am a bit lost, what should we exactly do?Toira
what about Anarchopedia ?Edit
I found your name there : http://fra.anarchopedia.org/index.php/Utilisateur:Libre/motiv
thanks. Join me there.
I ma so gratefull that you saved the lb wiki !!!!!!!
Your comment on Lombard wikipediaEdit
Hello Millosh, thanks for your comment. You wrote:
Hi Millosh, thanks for being the first to translate my statement. In return, prehaps I should fix the en-fr bilingual statement... except I can't tell if he meant it to show up that way! I modified it after your translation; please look again. (and moved the "a trustee should" commentary elsewhere...).
Help compile Objective Data about the CandidatesEdit
Posted to all candidates talk page:
To aid in the fair evaluation of all the candidates, especially those not active on EnWiki, verifiable data about the candidates is being compiled. Anyone is invited to help compile the data since it is all publicly available on-wiki.
But since the people best qualified to help are the candidates themselves, it seems reasonable to ask:
- Which languages do you speak? (voter statement)
- Which projects do you contribute to?
- For each, when was your first edit?
- For each, how many total edits? (exact figures not need)
- Which projects are you an admin on?
- Are you a bureaucrat? which projects? when?
- Are you a CheckUser? Which projects? When did you start??
- Are you a steward? If so when were you made one?
- Have you served in a verifiable leadership role on a project? (e.g. Like EnWiki's Founder or Arbcom member)
- Have you served in a verifiable leadership role on at the Chapter or Foundation level? (Trustee, etc)
Are there any objectively verifiable facts that should be included in this guide but aren't?
(Incidentally, this document won't reflect my own personal values or wikipolitical opinions. Ideally it will come to exist outside of my userspace in some neutral, visible location. -- Alecmconroy)
mini gucu saiyūn？bi inu manjurara manju.bi mini gucusei emgi manju gisun i uikipidiya be araki sembi.manju gisun oci manjusai banjin de ujui uju oyonggo baita inu.bi mini booi urse de manjurambime tese be latin mudan i tacibufi ‘möllendorff transcription’ be inu hūlame mutembi.ere durun i manju gisun i uikipidiya be hūlaki sere manjusa kemuni labdu bi.aika emu manju gisun i uikipidiya be ilibuci manjusa urgunjembime be suwende gemu ambula banihalara!
Hello,my friend!I'm a also a manchu-speaking manchu.Me and my friends wants to write the manchu wikipedia.Manchu language is the first important thing in manchus' life.I speak manchu to my family and they were taught the latin letters so they can also read the ‘möllendorff transcription’.Such manchu people that would very much like to see a manchu wikipedia are still many.If a manchu wikipedia is built the manchus would be happy and we will thank all of you a lot!
Hello, Could you please give me an advice in regard how to place a formal complaint against an administrator? I would like to point out an issue at slovak Wikipedia. Thank you.
Please Help me creat Lurish language in wikipedia!Edit
hi millosh! i try creat Lurish language in wikipedia, can you help me, please?
Stewards doing xwiki admin checkEdit
Hi Millosh. Stewards are undertaking further works on inactive admins through the wikis, and I see that you are
- crat/sysop at sr.wikinews.org
- crat/sysop at sh.wiktionary.org
- sysop at sr.wiktionary.org
- crat/sysop at sr.wikibooks.org
of those wikis you have been inactive for many years. If you do not wish to maintain those rights, then they can be resigned at m:SRP; if you do wish to maintain those rights, it would help if you could do some editing on that wiki when we get to do formal notifications to those wikis. Thanks. — billinghurst sDrewth
Help me with my dictionary project?Edit
Hello, User:Millosh! I am currently researching a language called Sizang (ISO-693: csy) and would like to make a digital lexicon for the language. I've detailled some of my plans on my blog here. But as I have over 400 words already, I think it would like a very long time to input all of the data manually. I have a lot of lexical items in Excel format, and I wanted to know if there was a way to create a bot to mass-import those into separate Wiktionary entries. I tried importing them Excel->CSV->MySQL myself, but when I tested the DB with an array through PHP, the unicode (IPA) rendered as "???". So I figured that using a wiktionary-type platform through mediawiki would be a safer bet. This is an early sample of my data, and what I would like to do is create a page based on the English gloss, and then use the IPA in the middle there as its entry. However, I have multiple sources for a word, so I will probably end up combining Excel spreadsheets to have multiple sources for each word. So, for example, searching "Deer" may return something like this:
== English == Deer == Sizangkam == ===Noun=== ==== Modern Sizang Orthography ==== * sakhi ==== Luce ==== * sʽă˦haŋ˨ ==== Naylor ==== * sahkī ====Example Sentences==== * Sakhi khat an ne zo hi.
Humble Request to Hon'ble Members of Language CommitteeEdit
- As a Test Admin of Wp/khw Khowar Wikipedia Project I on behalf of the Khowar language communities of Pakistan, Afghanistan, India and Xinjiang(China) humbly request the all respectable members of the language comittee for early approval, creation of Khowar Wkipedia i.e. khw.wikipedia.org. The Khowar language is spoken in Pakistan, India, Afghanistan and Xingjiang(China). I have created a test page for Khowar language in incubator i.e. Wikipedia Khowar (Khowar Language Wikipedia), On behalf of the abovementioned Khowar speaking four countries for early approval and creation and normalization of Khowar Wikipedia edition. Khowar is one of spoken 14 languages in Chitral(Pakistan). It will be useful to Khowar internet users to report news from worldwide. I strongly feel it deserves its own Wikipedia. Being a test admin i have translated all most used messages into khowar. I have created test Khowar Wikipedia at Khowar Wikpedia.--Rachitrali