Movement roles project
(Redirected from Movement roles)
This page is kept for historical interest. Any policies mentioned may be obsolete. If you want to revive the topic, you can use the talk page or start a discussion on the community forum.
|Movement Roles — Index|
The movement roles project aims to clarify the roles and responsibilities of different groups working to support the international Wikimedia movement. These pages are developing recommendations to improve Wikimedia as a global network of organizations.
The idea was proposed at the chapters meeting 2010 and approved by the Board in the same year. See the movement roles history for more details.
- Wikimedia affiliation models Board resolution March 2012
- Organizational best practices (former "Accountability standards") Board resolution April 2012
Other recommendations under consideration for the Foundation
- Create a Global Requests Committee to resolve difficult cross-project requests and issues
- Define good committee standards for committee chairs and workgroups.
- Prioritize better communication outside of English
Recommendations under consideration for the community
- Create a Chapter Council to reach consensus and resolve disputes among Chapters.
- Create a process to review new and old ideas for content projects
- Create the role of "Language Contact Person" for each language, improving on old Embassy and translator models.