- The following discussion is preserved as an archive of a closed Meta-Wiki request. Please do not modify it.
Ending 30 October 2015 12:26 UTC
- For relatively minor task requested at Meta:Requests for help from a sysop or bureaucrat I have not been able to recieve support within 24 hour, so prima facia Meta seems to be in need of more admins.(Actually I belive visiting experienced beurocrats like me from other projects should get some meta admin rights automatically) As such I do have long enough experience adminship hence this request.
Mahitgar (He who knows ,wants to know and and loves to keep others informed) (talk) 12:26, 23 October 2015 (UTC)
- Firstly, the reason why crats/admins from other projects don't get rights here automatically is because they might be experienced on their projects but not actually on meta. Most people aren't familiar with meta affairs, just as you've proven it with your RfA posting. -Barras talk 12:45, 23 October 2015 (UTC)
- :) thanks Mahitgar (He who knows ,wants to know and and loves to keep others informed) (talk) 18:18, 23 October 2015 (UTC)
Comment Oppose - Mahitgar, I really don't think you should have any extra buttons. I don't know how you are doing on other-language wikis, but your contributions here and on en-wiki show a lack of understanding of basic Wikipedia policy, as well as difficulties in working with other editors (for instance your reconfiguring of others' talk page comments, and reverting people when we ask you not to muddle our words, as well as the time you responded to a call for citations by calling it a POV issue). You have created a lot of work that other editors have had to fix (creating articles with titles that don't make sense in English, adding content that is full of essay-like sections, full of grammatical and spelling errors). I honestly think the project would be better off if you stayed in areas where you are fluent. I do not say this to be mean - not at all - and it is possible that much of this is simply due to your lack of fluency with English, but I really cannot support you being given more buttons. Not at all. Best, CorbieVreccan (talk) 22:41, 23 October 2015 (UTC)
- :) not surprising, any way I am myself not serious about this request, it is nice to see you are following me. How do we(human beings) talk content dispute and represent POVs in own favour is rather intresting. Rgds. Mahitgar (He who knows ,wants to know and and loves to keep others informed) (talk) 00:39, 24 October 2015 (UTC)
- Just noting for any admins or 'crats passing by that Mahitgar has admitted above that this is a WP:POINTy self-nom. Diff:. I would strongly support some action in response to this user's determination to waste our time here. CorbieVreccan (talk) 16:18, 24 October 2015 (UTC)
- We don't generally sanction such stuff here, I don't even think we've a local rule about being POINTy. -Barras talk 10:29, 25 October 2015 (UTC)
- Self-nomination itself isn't out of our ethos, rather thought as a virtue here on meta traditionally, as a gesture of generosity and commitment. --Aphaia (talk) 07:40, 28 October 2015 (UTC)
- Comment Quite funny, I made a support request for admins, in almost 24 hor time I was checking recent changes again and again to find an active admin but I did not see one so I made this request. But I am not too keen, I will not feel bad if I do not get the sysopship here. My lingustic skills to understand english is very good. Meta is a multi-lingual project. And my limitations with english language ,if any, are not supposed to be an issue. Some people are opting for vendetta due to content related misunderstangs and disagreement from some other project is just unfortunate and the gentleman does not seem to have time to give proper clarification at the rfc raised but time is available with him only for following me here, is every thing ok ? :) Mahitgar (He who knows ,wants to know and and loves to keep others informed) (talk) 02:11, 25 October 2015 (UTC)
- Oppose - Not because you lack language skills or something like that. Pretty much because you I think you don't actually understand metawiki and especially the difference to other (content-building) projects. Metawiki is a special wiki with different purposes than any other project. To gain adminship here, one should be familiar not only with content projects but also with this wiki. I just think you lack familiarity with this project to be an admin here. -Barras talk 10:29, 25 October 2015 (UTC)
- @ User:Barras just no issues, since I did not see any sysops around when I made request, thinking that meta may have gone down on admin pool I offered myself. I am interested to continue focus on content since that is real core activity isn't it. Best wishes. and rgds
- Mahitgar (He who knows ,wants to know and and loves to keep others informed) (talk) 11:48, 25 October 2015 (UTC)
- Oppose not experienced enough on meta. --Steinsplitter (talk) 11:29, 26 October 2015 (UTC)
- Oppose An Admin that actively support non-central interference on mr.wikipedia is unfit for meta-adminship. As long that wiki completely forbade outsider meddling with their situation and you Mahitgar encourages it so we (people at meta) can't do anything to help or do something locally, I don't think you are fit for meta-adminship, and I don't think you have the mentality of crosswiki user/global user, who usually became meta-admins.--AldNonymousBicara? 13:11, 27 October 2015 (UTC)
- addendum you are not even serious about this adminship as stated here by yourself (Special:diff/14276421).--AldNonymousBicara? 13:14, 27 October 2015 (UTC)
- Oppose A severe lack of experience on Meta-Wiki with no valid rationale for this request... among other things here. --Az1568 (talk) 08:29, 28 October 2015 (UTC)
- You can count this as neutral as I do not want to pill on. In addition to what has been already submitted, I am concerned about your old demand that some users in good standing be forbidden to even edit at some projects as if they were yours. The comment above by Aldnonymous above seems to indicate that he continues with such behaviour nowadays, which is IMHO and with all due respect, unfit for a candidate for adminship at Meta-Wiki. Best regards, —MarcoAurelio 10:05, 29 October 2015 (UTC)
- My !vote notwithstanding, there is no consensus to grant this permission. Therefore I close this request as not successful. -Barras talk 16:44, 30 October 2015 (UTC)
- The above request page is preserved as an archive. Please do not modify it. Comments about this page should be made in Meta:Babel or Meta:Requests for help from a sysop or bureaucrat.