We are in the alcove to the right of the main door. DO NOT go to the Ralph Abercrombie as there is a private function on. Thyrduulf should be bringing a tabletop banner with him(see image below right) as well.
|Meetups at ESEAP Conference 2022||18-20 November|
|London 185||9 October|
|London 184||11 September|
|UK virtual 15||25 August|
|Wikimania in-person events||11–14 August|
|London 183||14 August|
|Perth 73||23 July|
|Hong Kong 129 (WikiCafe HK #1)||19 December|
|wikiBlind & wikiKind
|Beijing 19||1 January|
|List of regular meetups|
|London · Hong Kong|
Manchester Wikimedia Meetup Number 36Edit
Sunday 9 June 2019 — 13:00 onwardsEdit
Ape and Apple , 28-30 John Dalton Street, M2 6HQ
NOTE : VENUE HAS CHANGED
A wikimeet is a social gathering for Wikimedia enthusiasts. Where we...
- Chat about Wikipedia, Wikimedia and any other topics we fancy.
- Eat lunch and drink some beers (although beer isn't required, nor is lunch)
Wikimeets are mainly casual social events. You can expect to meet some very keen Wikipedians, however this is also an open invitation for anyone interested in finding out more about Wikipedia, other Wikimedia projects, projects re-using Wikipedia, and other collaborative wiki projects. Also wiki technology, MediaWiki, discussing the business impact of mass collaboration, or articles about Greater Manchester will also be relevant here. Feel free to come along and raise these discussions over a beverage of your choice.
This is a family-friendly pub, so hopefully younger Wikimedians will still feel welcome and safe. Look for a small Wikimedia banner on the table, and we may also have laptops out.
Alcohol consumption is certainly not required!
Please sign below if you intend to come. If you want a reminder closer to the time, please leave a note after your signature.Edit
- Thryduulf (talk: meta · en.wp · wikidata) 22:53, 8 February 2019 (UTC)
- ClemRutter (talk) 23:46, 8 February 2019 (UTC) Unlikely. But give me a reminder - it clashes with London and can't be sure that trains will be running after martial law is declared on March 29th.
- Acalamari 00:00, 9 February 2019 (UTC) Sounds good! :)
- Góngora (T•ES) 04:07, 9 February 2019 (UTC) Yes, count me in! (If nothing comes up, I shall be there; thanks for the reminder!)
- ColinFine (talk) Maybe. I'm not as close to Manchester as I was. But I've put it in my diary (though on the first attempt, predictive text made it "Wikipedia useful").
- MerielGJones (talk) In my diary. Plan to be there.
- Victoria. it's great that's its not during the parade when there's too many people swarming in the city centre. (Please remind me closer to the time)--Victoria (talk) 12:47, 11 February 2019 (UTC)
- I'll wear my Wikipedia hoody. HJ Mitchell | Penny for your thoughts? 16:41, 11 February 2019 (UTC)
I shall try to attend! Would be my first meet-up as well. Jiten D (talk) 13:06, 12 February 2019 (UTC)Apologies :( Something has come up that requires me being outside the UK. Jiten D (talk) 11:34, 3 May 2019 (UTC)
- Hope so! Aiken drum (talk) 09:11, 8 April 2019 (UTC) (Could be tricky as I'm away that weekend, but I'll try my best. I'd like to go to another if I cam't make it. Aiken drum (talk) 23:18, 21 April 2019 (UTC))
It's a long long time since I went to one. I'll try to make it (if I'm in the UK - not sure yet). All good. Barring a last-minute catastrophe, I'll be there. Boing! said Zebedee (talk) 10:10, 31 May 2019 (UTC)
- I have been persuaded by RexxS to pop along. I can either stay with friends up there, or I can take the people carrier and grab a bunch of "southerners" or "midlanders" like Clem, Redrose64 and Rexx en route. Ritchie333 (talk) 10:21, 29 April 2019 (UTC)
- Should be able to attend. It is in my calendar. Yaris678 (talk) 16:11, 7 May 2019 (UTC)
- RexxS (talk)
- I'll do my best to make it. Bazonka (talk) 20:34, 2 June 2019 (UTC)
- I'm interested. Andrew D. (talk) 07:33, 3 June 2019 (UTC)
- --Victoria (talk) 09:47, 4 June 2019 (UTC)
- Hopefully WormTT 21:10, 7 June 2019 (UTC)
- Gurbir Planning to attend. Its been a while since I last made it.
I am interested as well
- Leutha (talk) 09:49, 10 February 2019 (UTC)
- Moral support for reviving it, though. Iridescent (talk) 17:26, 5 April 2019 (UTC)
- Mike Peel (talk)
23:15, 8 February 2019 (UTC)Sorry, it's looking unlikely now. Mike Peel (talk) 20:41, 14 May 2019 (UTC)
- Wish I could come I've never been to a Wiki meetup - Manchester would be more doable for me than the usual London/Oxford/Cambridge venues, but the date doesn't work :(. Hope to come next time if you do another one. Girth Summit (talk) 16:46, 16 May 2019 (UTC)
- I was about to add my name but realised that I am already booked for next Sunday. Hmm, I note that a lot of people got more than a week's notice. Gog the Mild (talk) 20:18, 2 June 2019 (UTC)
- Would like to attend a Manchester meet-up, but my local London one is on the same day. Edwardx (talk) 10:29, 3 June 2019 (UTC)
- Busy weekend, short notice, almost certainly can't make it. Would like to get to a Wikimeet some time. PamD (talk) 16:29, 3 June 2019 (UTC)
- @Gog the Mild and PamD: and anyone else, there is a notification list at Meetup/Manchester you can sign up to if you want more advanced notice of meetups in Manchester, you can also watchlist Template:Meetup list to get notice of meetups everywhere. Thryduulf (talk: meta · en.wp · wikidata) 21:48, 4 June 2019 (UTC)
- @Thryduulf:. I seem to be on that list but don't remember seeing a talk page message. PamD (talk) 06:54, 5 June 2019 (UTC)